Thursday, January 31, 2008

I finally did it!!!! + my first award

Okay so I'll paint the picture for you. Last week my ever so talented neighbor had a little party to learn to crochet. I had no real intention of actually learning how to crochet but wanted a night out of the house and a chance to talk to someone over the age of 5 so I headed over for treats and gossip! Once I was there I found everyone dutifully learning all the stitches you would need to make these cute little purses. I watched and immediately decided that was WAY too hard to do! I came home after about an hour and my husband asks to see what I made I explained all of the things mentioned above, he nodded and pretended to listen. Well that night I couldn't sleep I just kept thinking of those stupid stiches I kind of learned and I couldn't remember how to do them. This bothered me A LOT! Don't ask me why... I have really never had a great desire to learn to crochet (at least not until I was 80!) Yet here I was obsessing over it in my sleep. So I went to the store and got yarn and a book titled "I taught myself how to crochet" I set to work and I am extremely proud to say I DID IT! I really did teach myself how to crochet (the fact that I have been a shut in with sick kids helped alot !) But here it is... the finished product. A cute little watermelon purse! It looks totally easy right! NOT it really isn't and I now have a much deeper appreciation of all things knitted by my grandmother !







Haley loves it as you can see! She insisted on taking it to school. She packed it full of snacks and carried it off to school. But not until she told me this was the best present ever! ( Okay.... so I know that it really isn't but I appreciate her telling me this! ) So thanks Kati for bringing out this weird desire I apparently had to learn how to crochet!




Thanks also to my friend Christina for giving me my very first award ever! It's very much appreciated!

8 comments:

Kati said...

I am so so so so so so so so proud of you!!!!! It looks so great! I just need to do the strap and cinch on both of my purses. I can't wait to have them done!
Congrats on the award too!

GREAT JOB!
Kati

judy said...

You are an inspiration! You did it! You should be so proud!

Kati said...

Can I just tell you how much I LOVE that picture of you and your baby! I love to look at it! I wish I had a cute picture like that of me and one of my kids. I think you will cherish that picture always! She is such a beautiful baby. I am so glad she is feeling better today.
Kati

Unknown said...

How cute are you!!!! I love the purse! I am so jealous I wanted to go to Kati's house that night.

I am glad you like your award. You totally deserve it!

Christina

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest purse ever! If you ever feel so inclined, you can make Halle one :P

jenn said...

So cute! I'm sorry I had to miss that activity. Sounds like it was a success. My Liv would love one of those snazzy purses!

Congratulations on your award. =)

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's adorable. My boys would just make fun of me. Sigh. I'll live vicariously through you.

Nice to meet you!

Jessica said...

You are wonderful, talented and beautiful! Love your family pictures. It's fun to learn to navigate these sites and find you.
Jessica Greenwell