Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hey Punk....I'm not that old

I am not usually very sensitive about my age ( well.....I am not immune but it doesn't stress me out AS bad as some of my friends) This year however I will be forever leaving my 20's, something that once again doesn't stress me out to bad but ask me again in 8 months I may change my tune. So anyway this is why the following story took me off guard this afternoon.

(( Something you should know first, Haley is not really enjoying riding the bus lately! I guess it's a trade of or something because now she actually likes going to school just not riding the bus)

Anyway... Haley go home from school today and said "Can you please start dropping me off at school and picking me up)

My reply : No Haley, we talked about this. Dylan has preschool most mornings and Avery is asleep by the time you get home.

Haley : But my Bus driver is SOOOOoooooooo Mean! She just keeps getting meaner!

Mom: Why is she mean?

Haley: She always yells at us and tells us to be quiet and sit down.

Mom: That's so she can concentrate on getting you to school safely.

Haley: But today she pushed me into my chair (GASP... a few calming breaths from mom)

Mom: What do you mean she pushed you !!!!????

Haley: She put her hand on my back and pushed me softly to my chair

Mom: Okay, still not happy about this definitely "MEAN" bus driver and wondering what to do about it. ( I am now thinking to myself who to discuss appropriate bus driver personalities with when I am distracted by another question. )

Haley: Mom ?? Did you ride the bus when you were little ?

Mom: Nope. I lived too close to school for the bus to pick me up, but it was still a really long walk. about 1 1/2 miles so you should be happy that you get to ride the bus (No... I did not say it was up hill both ways! Which it actually was.... and I really did want it in the snow! But I left all of that out : )

Haley: Why didn't you sneak on the bus? Or ask someone really nicely?

Mom: Well it doesn't work that way honey

Haley: (Now eating her lunch and obviously thinking) " I know why you couldn't ride the bus mom, they weren't invented back then huh! 'Cause that was a LONG time ago right?

Mom: Gasp again! Ummm..... no you little punk! Now eat your lunch

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't you jsut love those comments!! Just remember the old saying "you are only as old as you feel" I like the one that goes "you are only as old as you act" I think that makes me 22!

Christina