Monday, January 28, 2008

Good News...kind of!


So after a week of trying our hardest to get our little guy back on his feet and feeling good again I threw in the towel and took him to the Dr. I am in the doctor's office so often that I am getting really good at "mom diagnosing" You know how it goes... you call the office or go in and tell the nurse what your child is sick with, they agree with you and send you home (but not until you pay them 20 bucks to tell you what you already knew!) So this time with Dylan I knew he had croup, but he didn't have the stridor (the wheezing noise) with it. I knew that there is nothing you can do for croup except a steroid shot to help with the wheezing.(Which he didn't have) So I treated the fevers all last week and the lovely barking cough but after a week and with him now throwing up now too I decided whatever I was doing was not working!!! I mean maybe I was wrong and he had pneumonia or something. Plus now Avery had it all last night and she did have the stridor! So we bundled up and braved the HUGE snow storm to get to the doctor today. Good news it was NOT pneumonia it was croup without the stridor an ear infection and the stomach flu! Avery had all this too except the ear infection thanks to the lovely tubes we just put in ! (Yeah) So here's my 40 bucks can I go home now : )


PS I am totally just being cranky. I really do love my doctor! He is fabulous with the kids I just wish I could prescribe my own medicine for the things that I already know is wrong with my kids! : )
PPS: The stupid apple a day thing DOES NOT WORK! We've tried that and everything else!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You make me laugh!! I hate goin got the dr. office too.
I gave you an award! See my blog to find out more

Christina

jenn said...

So sorry your kids have been sick. Nothing like a little vomit, fever and sleep deprivation to ruin your week! Hope your kids get feeling better soon.