Monday, January 14, 2008

Church Holiday

So this Sunday.... Well I guess I better back track to Saturday. So Saturday was not a good day! Mom was grumpy, mad, angry, frustrated etc. etc. and if you know the saying "if mom ain't happy no body's happy" well this totally applied which in return only aggravates mom even more. So I decided very late Saturday night around 4:00 am that I was not going to church! Not in the mood. ( I know I am a sinner... but this is who I am people take it or leave it alright!) So I informed my now timid husband of this fact Sunday morning. " I am driving to Ogden to hang out with my family" He by no means wants to cross the inexplicably moody wife at this point so he just says "okay, but I need to go....okay, so you go... is my reply" I called my sister to let her know I was going to be heading up to Ogden, she decided to take what her husband calls a "CHURCH HOLIDAY" we are all totally sinners. As soon as one of my sisters breathes a hint of the word "skipping church" we all jump on the band wagon I will take any opportunity I can to hang out with my sisters and unfortunately with all of our schedules Sunday's seem to be the day! I chalk it up to family bonding or something like that but we just really like to see each other.

Anyway, unfortunately I forgot my camera so I have no cute pictures of said events. My dad took pictures but knowing him like I do I doubt that they will ever make their way out of the camera. Sad.....but true so anyway this is what we did. We let the kids play for a while with grandpa who was supposed to be going to church but obviously wavering ( I wonder where we inherited our church holiday spirit from ????) Truthfully we don't see him that often and he loves the grand kids so much that it is physically painful for him to leave while he knows they are there. Long story short he didn't go to church.... family bonding remember. The grand kids talked him into getting the "REAL" tractor out which is code word for "not the little one", and scooped up all the snow in the 5 acre field and make a huge mound of snow which was then turned into not one.... not two.... but three sledding hills complete with built in stairs and a twisty sled run. It was 6 0r 7 feet tall and SOOOOOOOOooooooo much fun. The kids played out in the snow for hours until they were too tired to stand. So naturally at that point we got out the snowmobiles and ran those for the next hour or so! ((my little one year old is addicted to riding things that go fast and loved it more than anyone, what can I say, she is a daddy's girl through and through!) It was so fun! Thanks to all the sisters, and dad, who so selflessly ditched church so that I could enjoy their company and get over my extremely bad mood! : ) I feel much better! But never fear I will be back on the straight and narrow come Sunday.

2 comments:

Anna B said...

I want a "church holiday" with my family. Sounds like you had a blast. Good for you.

Kati said...

Hope you are feeling better. A church holiday is something we all need once in a while. Or in my case...((prior to my new primary calling))needs more than once in a while.