Thursday, February 14, 2008

My knight in shinning armor

Who would have ever guessed that I was married to a knight in shinning armor! (Except myselft that is) As you all know we had quite a storm yesterday. I was starting to get nervous since Michael was on his way home. I called to let him know that the roads in and out of Eagle Mtn. and Saratoga Springs were closed and to see where he was on his way home. Our phone connection was HORRIBLE. I finally heard through the fuzz that he was on his way but needed to drop Dave off in Eagle Mtn. on the way home. I rarely know who he has in his car so I said "Okay, but the roads are closed leading to Eagle Mtn." He jokingly said well me might have company for dinner then. I laughed as said that's fine see you soon. Well.... we did have company, in he walks with who I assumed was a client, in tow. We introduced oursleves and Michael stepped out of the room to make a call to someone. This is when Haley said so..... you work with my daddy? He says nope... he rescued me and my dog from our stranded car on the side of the road. WHAT!!!!! I spun around and almost dropped what was in my hand. He was a stranger... and since when did we have a dog in the garage? I tried to compose myself so Ididn't come off too rude. He turned out to be a very nice man. He slid off the road and was frantically trying to flag people down but no one would stop. Michael picked him up (and Bobos, his dog) and tried to take him home. When that was not possible he brought him home to wait out the storm. Well we all sat down to dinner (thankfully because I had just taken dinner to a sick neighbor we had PLENTY! ) He was so nice and pleasant and thankful for dinner and everything. Our kids played all around him, Avery sat on his lap and he read a story to Dylan. I sat there thinking. How could a stranger be so readily accepted by my kids? (Maybe a lesson in stranger danger was in order AGAIN! jk) It did start me thinking about different times or different era where there would be no worry for strangers and terrorist, just a genuine conern for someone's safety stuck in a horrible storm. Finally the roads opened (so we thought) and my husband and our new friend set off to try to get him home. Come to find out the roads were opened for mere minutes before another crash shut them down again. So now Michael drove him to his car and spent hours trying to pull it out of the ditch until his Brother- in -Law was able to come and take him home.


This whole thing made me REALLY appreciate my husband! He is one of those people who genuinely cares about other people and will go WAY ABOVE and beyond in order to help them. To this he would reply "I would want someone to do it for you and the kids if you were stranded" But really how many would? I thought about this all night. To top it all off since we were up so late with all of this stuff it was after midnight and he asks "Do you want your valentines presents " PRESENTS... as in plural? SURE bring it on! He spoiled me once again (he is truly the best gift giver I have ever met) He bought me a new Rebel camera and photo shop to play with all my new pictures I take! He also got me the software to make my phone work like an MP3 player. Seeing how I got him an office chair (nothing says love like office furniture!) I am feeling like a little bit of a shmuck today! In my defense he did tell me that's what he wanted, but still it does not compare with my gifts. So thank you to my knight in shinning armor for being my best friend. A wonderful father and the best husband I could have ever wished for! I hope that the next 9 years are as fabulous as the last. I love you! Happy Valentines Day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Man!! I am so excited to see all the pictures you are going to take with your new camera!!

Good job Mike!!

Christina

David said...

Yes, Michael is a wonderful man, who loves his family. He is blessed to have you as well.
David

Anna B said...

AHHHHHH! What a guy. Trent is the same with helping people out NOT so much with the gift giving though. Some girls can't get it all.