Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Babbling Baby and a Dead Frog

Yesterday was a weird day. Haley stayed home from school AGAIN! She hasn't been to school since last Tues. She has been so sick but I suspected yesterday she was actually feeling good enough to go but was just milking it! Now of course little sister decided to follow in her big sisters foot step and now has a fever of 103.5 that only comes down to 102 with LOTS of medicine. She is so sick! She just lays on my lap and babbles incoherently! She doesn't know a lot of words so this is fairly funny to listen to. Baby, dogie, mommy, meow, eat, no no, kitty....etc, etc, strung with other such words in no order said over and over is pretty funny. So finally Avery is passed out asleep and the kids are watching a movie and I thought I would sneak in some much needed cleaning when what do I find? Our little frog that went missing last week! Haley has these two, no scratch that! I mean one little aquatic frog that swim around in a fish bowl, last week she went missing! She decided that living in water was not for her.... so yesterday I found the little dead petrified frog in MY room! GROSS!!!! It hoped all the way out of Haley's room down the hall and into my room. So to give Haley some closure I picked it up in a tissue we had a little frog funeral. I finally convinced Haley to flush it (she wanted to keep it in a baggie so she could keep her with her forever! Ewww, flushing was the way to go!) Dylan was not helping with the tears that were shed! He was standing by the handle of the toilet poised and read! Chanting FLUSH IT! FLUSH IT, little brothers...... what a pain! After days like these is it really any wonder why I am completely nuts!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just caught up on your last few blogs, I have been busy doing, well nothing that great but still have been busy.
Sorry about the dead frog and babbling baby. It is better than a babbling frog and a dead baby! (sorry, was that inappropriate?)
I hope everyone feels better soon.
If you find someone to take the job could you ask if they have a friend or sister that is also looking for work. :)
The pillow is really cute!!! Right now I am not very happy with Ellie and her teeth (see newest post of mine) so it is nice to see someone who has a happy story about their kids teeth.
See ya later!!

Christina

Tausha said...

that is why we don't have any creppy crawly pets-i feel sorry for you that you have started that. Ha-ha do you still have that big huge dog? sounds like you have a kitty too. you are such a nice mom. we have a kitty and i was thinking that pets really dont make your kids that much more responsible-unless my kids are a exception. Good luck with the frog thing-so if there dead does that mean that you don't have to get anymore?

Crazycozartclan said...

Nope... no more dog! My daughter still hates us for that one. No kitty it "Ran Away" wink wink, nudge nudge. Did I ever mention all the coyotes we have around here? The frogs. 1 down 1 to go. Wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

I love Christina's comment that is great!!!! As for the frog thing been there and done that. We have been through 2 cats, 2 dogs, 1 lizzard (not a good pet), 2 rabbits, 2 frogs, 4 hermit carbs, and a large amount of fish... We are down to 2 1/2 cats. I know how do you have half a cat..... Well you let it get hurt nurse it back from the brink of death, and the ungreatful thing moves in with your neighbors!!!!! You still get visitations and you are the one they bring it to when it's hurt so you can take care of it because they don't want the cat to be mad at them and leave!!!! I also love your discription of Dylan we call Chris, "Tigger on speed" so I know how you feel. Love to you all, Tam