Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just one of those days!

It's funny sometimes the rollercoaster ride we get to experience everyday when dealing with kids. Your day can go from perfectly fine to positively awful in a matter on minutes. Take the day I had today for instance. So my original idea for today's post was to write about all of the things kids do that are not so cute now but that I am positive one day I will actually miss. Like the little fingers that magicly appear under the bathroom door as soon as you shut it and try to have a moment by yourself.


Or my personal favorite is everyday when I get into the shower my little one wanders in and first makes her prescence know by yelling HI... at the top of her lungs at least 4 or 5 times. Then she does this. For the rest of the time you are in the shower. Sometimes she mixes it up and puts her mouth on the shower door. Or if she is feeling really funny..... her feet. But none the less every day this is what I see! It actually is cute now, it makes me smile EVERYDAY. Then however your day can change instantly.


We decided to bring out the dreaded moon sand this afternoon. (If you don't already know.... this stuff is awful.) There is a reason that sand is kept outside in a sandbox or should be left at the beach. But after a lot of pleading I decided to let them play with it. ( I was SOOOOOooooooo STUPID to buy it. I have no one to blame but myself for this really ) All was going well except for an ocasional tantrum or two (nothing major) so I started to make dinner. I was in the same room as my two youngest monsters when something hit me in the back of the head. I look down to see blue and yellow sand at my feet as well as some floating in our dinner. I turned around and gasped. This is what I saw....




This is sand people.... in my house.... my carpet... all the way across the kitchen, dinning room and living room...everywhere !!!! Just like the commercials say "IT NEVER DRIES OUT, so I will be finding this in every nook and crany for the next 20 years! My brilliant little ones decided it would be way funner to throw the moon sand then to play with it! I am so mad at this point that I don't know what to do with myself except laugh.... not the good kind either, the histerical shrill I might actually hurt my child kind of a laugh. Apperently this is not a clear signal to a 4 year old and an 18 month old as to how mad your mommy really is. Because if they REALLY knew how mad mommy was they would NEVER have done this.

This picture is of the mess they made WHILE I was cleaning up the stupid moon sand!!!!! Can you believe that. This is Nesquick chocolate milk powder they dumped out on the clean part of the kitchen floor. Seriously now I am wondering if I need Anger Management therapy before dealing with the two of them. Of course this is also the night that Daddy is working late. So I emailed these pictures to him. I just wanted him to be aware that if he wanted to see his children in one piece he may want to come home SOON.

Wish me luck tomorrow I am sure that I will be in for another rollercoster ride

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy crap I am so glad someone else HATES moon sand as much as I do. You know a person without kids invented that toy.

Sorry you had to clean up that big ole mess, just think how nice and clean your floor is for at least the next few minutes.
You will chuckle everytime you sweep and see a little moon sand, it is a reminder of your love and self control! =)

Christina

Anna B said...

Oh my, you are crazy for buying that stuff. That's how I feel about play dough, silly puddy, gum, paint etc. Sorry!

jenn said...

AHHHH! Holy moly. So sorry! We will look back one day and miss this time, right?

Anonymous said...

I can say for a fact that yes you will miss it. Mine no longer play with sand,play dough or anything else. I never thought I would miss it but, I do. However having said that I had days like that also and the one thing I can say is I DIDN"T kill them. They are now teenagers and I look back on those days and pat myself on the back because I DIDN'T kill them. Tam

Kati said...

I bought moonsand for my kids this Christmas. They played with it on Christmas morning and I threw it out THAT NIGHT!!!! I would take playdough ANY DAY!!!!!! That stuff is AWFUL!!!!!!!!

So sorry!

Kati

Susie said...

Holy Heleanor! I don't know what I would have done.