Saturday, March 1, 2008

Questions for all you moms out there

I have two questions for all of you moms out there. One is totally superficial and the other actually I am asking the mom/nurse side of all of you. So I guess let's get that out of the way first. My little one has been running a fever for a week straight! What the heck!!!! It is the yucky kind too. Last night with a tsp of Motrin and tsp of Tylenol in her her fever was 104.2, this is after a bath too. I haven't had a baby (or child for that matter) with a fever that lasted that long. I am up early because I was up worrying about it all night. If you know me at all you'll know that my brain will go from the extremely mild to the really severe and back again worrying about what is the deal! It's probably just a cold right! But have any of you ever had any advice on this?

This leads me to my second question, which I feel stupid even mentioning now that I have a sick baby but this is what I was trying to decided before the fever spike last night. We are going to Disneyland in April, we will be staying in Oceanside at my sisters condo for most of the trip (Yippee thanks again Susie!!!!) But while we are doing the 3 days at Disney I am getting a hotel to cut down on driving back and forth. I want to stay at the Disney hotel and go BIG. But I have the option to stat at the double tree 3 miles away for an employee discount of 40 bucks a night. And ride the shuttle back and forth. So ladies that have been to Disney with (especially with kids) What do you think? Save the money and spend it on souvenirs and other fun things or do the Disneyland hotel (is it worth it)

There you have it. The two most pressing questions in my mind right now. Like I said I feel guilty about the second question now that I have a more important situation, but never the less I am still curious. Let me know..... share the wealth of knowledge.

3 comments:

Kati said...

poor baby. That makes me so sad. What is the doc saying about it?

As far as Disney goes...we have never stayed and the Disney hotel, so I don't know if it is "worth" it or not. I have heard that it really is great. We are just such die hards when it comes to Disneyland...we only sleep at night at our hotel. We spend every single open park moment, in the park. So...if you plan to spend a lot of time at the hotel...then I guess try it out. We shuttled this last time we went and it was great. I am cheap though when it comes to hotels...so my opinion really isn't a great one for you. You will have so much fun! I am so excited for you.

Tausha said...

i would call the doc on the fever thing. That is a long time and a pretty high fever-better safe than sorry-let me know ehat happens.
I have been to disneyland with my kids. You are in for a treat! I would just do the cheap hotel and shuttle. i am with Kati-you are at the park a lot! But, you do have a little one-so you will probably have to come back and have naps-but a hotel room is a hotel room. your kids are not going to remember the hotel, they are going to remember all the memories and Disneyland itself-so i would go for the cheap hotel and splurge on other things to make your trip more memorable!

Anonymous said...

Hello Karen,
I agree with your friend about the DR. My DR. never lets the fever run high for more then 3 days. He likes low grade fevers because that's the body fighting but, not high fevers. As for the Disneyland thing I can't tell you about the nicer hotels we stayed at one that we shuttled back and forth. It was fine we were not at the hotel much. we left our room early and didn't come back until late. We did leave the park for dinner... we wanted healther food and cheeper. There's a family resturant just outside the park that wasn't too bad in price. You know that he's cheep but, we had fun. Tam