Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm so Excited!

I am booked and ready to go to Disneyland. We are big huge chickens and we never take our kids on vacation! Last year with Avery being under 1 it was just too hard. The years before that Dylan was young and had more than his fair share of emotional outbursts. So this year we are doing it!!!! We are booked and going BIG people. I decided to not be rational at all or sensible like all the other members of my family. We are staying at the Disneyland hotel.... complete with pixie dust sprinkling, mickey mouse wake up calls, Never land pools and white sandy beaches, character breakfasts and a nice big price tag for mommy and daddy! I don't care I am so excited I can't wait for vacation to come I want to leave now! I haven't been to Disneyland since I was a junior in HS I am sure that a lot of things have changed and I can't wait to see it with my kids for the first time. Plus today almost everyone at my house was healthy. Dylan is still getting over his yuckies but for the most part everyone is feeling better. Then to top off my really great mood I went out (without kids) to do a retail therapy. (New spring outfits for our Disney trips) Could this day get any better?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YEA!!!!! I am so glad you went big! It is expensive but sooooooo worth the money. I am excited for you. It is the happiest place on earth for crying out loud.

Here is my advice -- research tips and tricks online for Disneyland. It can be really helpful. We also always use this software called Ride Max that plans out your whole day and when to do each ride. When we just did Disnyland the longest line we waited in was about 25 minutes. (Except Nemo that was an hour but it is that long all day no matter what you do) It cost $15 but I think it is totally worth it. Okay there is my 2 cents now I am done. Oh and take about 700 pictures! :)

Christina

Tausha said...

i am jealous! I wish that it was me going too! I think that i love disneyland more that my kids! Kal think that i am weird, but i love it there! A tip from a friend who has done the diney thing with small kids.
1.Find a store-take a cab or better yet, send michael. Buy water bottles, fruit snacks, crackers the foods that your kids eat. A bottle of water there is about 5.00 bucks. So, if you go to the store and stock up on treats and water, it will make the days easier and little bit cheaper. We did this and we so glad that we did! We just loaded the stuff into the bottom of the stroller.
2. If you have walkie talkies, take them. Some of the kids will want to do one ride and some will want to do another, so if you and Michael split up, you will have a way to talk without using minutes. It worked really well for us. It was kind of hard to hear our phones ringing.
3. Get a leash for the little people. I am not kidding.. Espescially if they are prone to running. They have some that are backpacks with a little strap attached. they work really well! Make sure that you bring extra batteries for the camera
One more thing promise. I wish that i would have done this. There is disney stuff everywhere and the kids want it all. It is super expensive and they have the same stuff here. So, get some disney stuff for your kids before you go and take it with you. Wrap it up and make it special and then they will be happy and you will be happy cause you saved a TON of money!
Ok-i wont tell you anymore advice unless you ask! Love ya

Kati said...

Maybe I am totally the only one....but I just go all out in the park. We eat there...and buy the kids what ever they want. You have to pack enough things going...why worry about hauling disney things when you are going to disney? I do agree with the water thing...but Disneyland has treats that you just HAVE to have! Buy them! You are going all out with everything else...what is another $200 for the "all out" in the park too? You will have so much fun!

Kati

jenn said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU! YAY! You will LOVE taking your kids to Disneyland. It is the best and so worth all the money! Your kids will love it, almost as much as you will. Seriously.

And totally take Christina's advice about Ride Max. We did that too the last time we went and it was amazing how helpful it was! It sounds weird that it "plans" out your day, but it just really helps you to know what times are best to ride the rides that you are interested in. Totally worth it!

And my last advice is to be sure to hit a character meal. We love lunch at Ariel's Grotto, but I also hear that Goofy's Kitchen is fun. You can get discount tickets from getawaytoday.com (which is in Bountiful) and it's best to make a reservation before hand.

Whew! Sorry for the all the suggestions. Feel free to accept them or completely disregard them. Either way, have soooo much fun! =)