Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Freezer Meal Update

Wow.... I had no idea that everyone was interested in Freezer meals. I knew that I loved them and now my sisters were hooked, but for all I knew we were just the weirdos of the bunch. So this is how I do it. First I make a menu, I try and group things together as far as ingredients that may be alike. For instance we are going to have tacos and sloppy Joe's in this menu, so you would cook the hamburger for both meals at the same time and then season them differently. Then you would figure out which meals needed onions and chop enough for all of them at the same time. Then it's just a matter of assembling and putting things in their bags. You put everything you can in the freezer Ziploc bags then you squeeze the air out and they lay nice and flat in your freezer. Same with chicken dishes. I tried one of the new recipes I told you about last night and it was a HUGE hit. The pineapple pork chops! When I got home from the store the other night I put the meat in the bags with the marinade ingredients that way when you thaw them out they are nice and YUMMY! 5 or 6 minutes of cooking or grilling and there you have it! Gourmet meal with no work, serve with side of rice and salad and everyone's happy. This is how it went at my house last night. Even this one loved it!



He doesn't love anything so if it passes the test with him then most any child will eat it! Seriously he doesn't eat anything.




This one on the other hand eats most everything and she loved it too! Check out that face! I have never met a little kid that gets this happy over eating a banana!

The royal princess liked them too. She had at least 3 helpings ( I am beginning to think that she has a hollow leg) Seriously.... she is not that big... where does she put all the food?

So if a few of you really want to do some meals lets do it. Let me know when you want to and where and then we will make up our menus and shopping lists. I have 4 or 5 meals I haven't made yet so I would be happy to make them with you. (If you don't mind the everyday run of the mill meals I already did the "Fancy" ones) But they were easy and we could do those too if you wanted. Let me know! : )

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sign me up!!! Not this week (I am sick) but maybe the beginning of next week?

Christina

jenn said...

I'm hoping that since you are posting today you are feeling better? Hopefully your fam too. The weather has been so nice this week and it's getting my hopes up for good things to come. Either that, or mother nature is playing a mean trick on us!

Great idea for the freezer meals. How fun!

Tausha said...

ok, come up to my house and we will cook away. I have a backyard with a trampoline and a wii and a shool with a playground across the street. Have i conviced you that you need to come and share your talents with your favorite friend that lives in harrisville and to bring your kids because they could be very much entertained. We could even cook meals with the food that is on sale that week and we will use coupons so i can get you hooked on this whole coupon thing. (c my blog for clarity) really, i am serious, i want you to come. It would be fun, a blast and then we can get a babysitter, or Kal and we can go and eat food that someone else cooks. Let me know when you can come. i will reschudle my busy life, just for you. You really should feel important! Love ya

Jessica said...

BTW (wink) you're a cooking genius.