Thursday, March 20, 2008

Great Traits

Have you ever noticed that we pass on certain traits to our kids. I don't mean hair or eye color, even height (sigh) I mean taste preferences, and personality issues! I was totally laughing today at some of the things I noticed about my kids that I know came from Michael and I. When I see my kids act the same way it makes me totally giggle. For example

I hate 3/4 length sleeves! They should be short or long!!!! If it's cold enough to wear long sleeves then having 3/4 of a sleeve is going to make me cold. If it's not cold then lets just wear short sleeves shall we? This is a weird little quirk I have but never realized I passed this inadvertently on to my little baby. Today she spilled on her shirt and I change her into a 3/4 length shirt (why I bought one of these I am not sure) and put her down for a nap. I could her her talking to herself through the baby monitor and so I listened for a minute. She just kept saying "oh.... no" over and over. I went up to see what was the matter. She was frantically pulling on her sleeves and pushing them up. Apparently she feels the same way about the stupid 3/4 sleeves too. Don't worry kiddo that shirt can go to the DI. I hate them too.

3 comments:

Tausha said...

completely random Kar. Byt not too shocking coming from you. I can see you passing on traits to your children. It's not like you are quiet about your opinions. I am surprised that you have yet to post that one of your children yelled a swear word in the middle of sacrament. And please, don't tell me that you don't swear-then that would make you a liar and that is a veryy bad trait to pass along to your kids. :) I know that you still luv me!

Kati said...

I love 3/4 length sleeves! I wear them a lot during the spring...so now everytime I wear one...I will know you are silently mocking me. Well...after your post, I guess it isn't so silent any more. I still love them.
Kati

Unknown said...

You are so funny!!!!! Yes she will kill you one day for taking that picture but you gave birth to her so it all evens out. (I use that one when ever my kids don't like something I did.)
I also love 3/4 lenght sleeves. I will be sure to wear one next tiem Iknow I will see you just to annoy you. :)

Christina