Monday, March 3, 2008

SoooooOOOoooo Not FUNNY!

Okay, I finally had my nervous breakdown. I mean, one person can only take sick kids for so long. It is inevitable that I would crack, it was just a matter of time. As you all know we have been sick A LOT ! Avery is the current patient, she has had a fever for the last week, finally yesterday I figured out the the drops I have been putting in her ears have been numbing drops and not the antibiotic drops that I should have been putting in her ears. Of course I feel AWFUL! Because of my stupidity she has had an ear infection all week long that should have been cleared up in a couple of days! So now that I have figured out what was wrong I called the ENT (Ear Nose and Throat Dr.) I told the nurse what had happened. She GASPED... and says OH NO!!!! Can you be hear by 11:50? Well now I am in tears! I am just positive that I have done something horribly wrong and probably made her deaf for the rest of her life. ( It doesn't help that I am now sick too and feel horrible, plus I've gotten no sleep this week because of the sick baby....thus adding to the emotional state I am in! I mean what a horrible mother I am!) I proceed to tell my husband what has happened and burst into tears AGAIN. I need help.... like professional help. I am LOSING IT People! The weeks of tending sick kids and being stuck in the house has finally broke me!

Anyway so I go to the Dr. and have to admit my motherhood stupidity to at least 2 more people before the doctor even gets in the room, finally she come in, I explain again and she starts to laugh! She pats me on the shoulder and says "sorry, I'm not laughing AT you" I am guessing because of the shocked look on my face. She says it's just funny.... FUNNY?!!!!!! "This is SOoooooo not funny!!! Not funny even a little bit! " I said. She proceeds to tell me that I am the second person today that did this. (Okay, I feel a little bit better that I am not the only stupid mommy out there) She tells me no harm done, Apparently if she hadn't had so much gunk in her ears the medicine would have made her really sick like vomiting and convulsions. But no harm done she says! Great I feel much better now. Well, I guess her being so sick was just lucky she tells me! Thanks, I'll remember that next time.


Poor baby! I am sorry mommy is so stupid sometimes!

7 comments:

Tausha said...

you are not a bad or stupid mom. i think that you are a fabulous mom! Think of it this way, at least you were trying to help her. i am sure that it was not easy to hold her down and put the drops in her ear-so you get stars for doing that and by now, because of all the practice, you are a pro at putting ear drops in a very small, wiggly, fussy baby. So, you are not a bad mom, but a fabulous wonderful mom who just made a tiny, really miniscule mistake. Of course, this little bit of info is coming from a mom who had NEVER made a mistake with my 3 little darlings. Yes, you read right NEVER. Unless yelling like a freak and making your 6 year old cry, your 8 year old snicker and your 3 year old screaming "a ghost did it" counts as a mistake. I am the perfect mother-nope, no mistakes here. Never!

Little Bit Of Utah's Own said...

I am bringing dinner tomorrow night ((Tuesday))
NO IF's AND's OR BUT's!
I will be there by 5:00!!!!!!

See you tomorrow.
Love your favorite neighbor

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetheart,
I wish so badly that I could bee closer. YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOM!!!! You have just had a bad couple of years.... I know that sucks but, they happen. Chris cried morning, noon and night for the first three YEARS (NOT KIDDING)! I finally had to put in ear plugs at night to get some sleep, Now that's a bad mom. It was either that or kill him. The only comfort I can give you is this.... It makes it easer to deal with them went they are teenagers. I think it breaks you in. I love you and we'lll be seeing you soon. Tam

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you are so sick and so tired of having sick kids!! If you need anything I will be there!!

Christina

PS You are not the worst mom ever I promise!!

jenn said...

Yuck! Sick kids plus a sleep deprived, exhausted Mom is just maddening! I feel for you! Your winter this year sounds about the same as our winter last year and IT IS THE WORST!

Can I bring you dinner? I know I've been out of town so this might be old news, but if I can help you I'd love to.

And for the record you are not a bad mom, you are a good mom and you're just doing the best you can, right? Trust me, this is coming from a mom who had a daughter with a broken arm in two places and didn't take her to the doctor for a week. Yeah, there's no judgement here! There, now doesn't that make you feel better? =)

Anna B said...

I'm sorry you and your family has been sick. Tucker didn't even ask about "pee-school" this week. Hope to see you feeling better soon.

Jessica said...

I'm going to make you feel good:
Like the one day that I'm dropping kids off for carpool and start moving the car before my son is out of the way- nothing happened, but it's a slight wake-up call! Just some drops :)
Love ya, Karen. Oh, and you are a genius with the freezer meals. You are amazing.