Friday, March 14, 2008

Sorry Honey!

So last night I went out shopping with my sister. (Just what the Dr. ordered ) I was not eating dinner at home so it never crossed my mind to fix something for dinner since after all I would not be partaking of the food. That would be the normal way of thinking right? WRONG! I have to tell this story because I thought it was so funny but I will most definitely be making my husband mad by doing so. Sorry honey....I thought it was too amusing to not share.

Feeding our kids is such a pain in the butt! Nobody likes the same thing and they all want to eat at different times etc etc....normally I put the smack down and say. Here's dinner eat it or not I don't really care (I am so mean huh!) But when I am not home sometimes I let more stuff slide. So Avery I gave some chicken nuggets and Dylan wasn't feeling well and only wanted a bowl of cold cereal okay.... easy enough. That leaves Michael and Haley to feed. This is a not a hard task. Haley will eat almost anything so I left daddy in charge and headed of to get ready to leave. Michael came in and asked what he should feed everyone. I told him Avery ate, Dylan wants cereal and he and Haley were on their own. He grumbled and stomped off to the kitchen. This is where he informed Haley she was eating cereal. She whined and said "Why.... like what did I do!? He declared.... mommy isn't helping me with dinner so you get cereal! Ahhhhhh....... nice to be needed isn't it (not really but let's pretend) So he dishes cereal for Dylan but used the wrong bowl. Now Dylan is crying because it's not in the RIGHT bowl. He didn't hear Haley tell him she didn't like that cereal so now she's crying too. He looks like his head might explode. In his defense moms know these things....like which bowls the kids like to eat out of and what cereal they like most (I know these things because I have been told them 17 million times. ) So I am ready to walk out the door, I figured I better not go if everyone was crying. A few little white "mommy " lies and all was well. I told Dylan that all the other bowls were dirty and in the dishwasher and I told Haley we were out of her cereal. There you go! Problem solved.... mommy is going to H....E..... double toothpicks for lying but at least nobody's crying right now! Welcome to life at the Cozart's : )

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Are we not supposed to lie to our kids? I did not get that memo when I signed up for motherhood. I guess I will see you in H E double hockey sticks!!!

Funny story -- poor Micheal.

Christina

Tausha said...

somehow, i don't really feel bad for michael, or for kal when this happens to him. you would think it was the end of the world when you say, 'you are on your own' I find it completely amazing that all men can go to a job where they are extremely smart and able to make very important decisions and so don't have time to talk to you about the kids cause they are trying to do something and make a decision for someone else at the same time. It's like a button is pushed when they walk in the door and they can't function anymore. I call it the "Dad Disease" dont get me wrong, i love my husband,and i know that you love michael, but there is something about that whole dad disease that is so annoying. I never knew that making a decision on what to put in their mouth and their childrens mouth was so hard. The cure for dad disease, Mom. So, to comment on your thought about lying, no, it's not bad, you were contributing to the world of science, another cure for dad disease-moms who lie. I really hope that this post made sense, i am super tired.

jenn said...

Oh, I thought that little white lies were Motherhood 101. Oops! Glad I'm not the only one going to H-E-double hockey sticks...it will be nice to have some company! =)

Funny story! We can totally relate.

Kati said...

Laughing. And....still laughing.

Kati

Team Heaton said...

So good to hear from you!! So glad to hear that your kids have food issues too. My second will eat anything and everything, but once Tyler says somethings gross, that's the end. Ugh- gotta love it.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see EVERY male seems to have this problem....guess what it doesn't get any better when they become teenagers... The only good thing about the teenager is they can get their own "special" bowl (which they STILL have) and fill it with whatever they want! The husband however STILL can't find anything to put in his mouth.... not even in MY food storage(the store). As for the white lies I guess we are all going to be in HEdouble... I call it "mom survival" I love Michael with all my heart after I did raise him... sorry I should have done better or maybe it's just a man thing... Love ya Tam