Saturday, March 8, 2008

It's Freezer Meal Time

I don't know how many of you know I do freezer meals. It makes my life sooooo much easier. You spend a couple hours cooking (preferably when your hubby can watch all the kids) I usually do these with my sisters and we can turn out about 10-11 meals for each family in a couple of hours. Then you decide what you want for dinner thaw and viola, it's done. The best part for me is not having to decide what to make. You just have meals pre -done it's almost like picking from a menu at a restaurant. I just made my list this morning and I am ready to try some new recipe's this time. I found this yummy web site that gave me some good ideas in case any of you are interested. http://lazydaygourmet.typepad.com/lazy_day_gourmet/dump_recipes/index.html I am using some of the recipes on this page (like the orange chicken, rosemary roast, pineapple pork chops, Beef chili) in addition to the ones I am already making. So if any of you fantastic cooks out there have any additional cooking ideas for me I would love all the ideas I can get.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to get involved with freezer meals. I hate doing it by myself. Maybe I could find some people in the ward. How do you guys do the shopiing and cost part. Does one of you shop and the others pay them back? Do you each buy your own ingredients? Thanks for the website!

Christina

Crazycozartclan said...

How we do it is we all "submit" ideas for the meals we want to do. That gives us 10-14 to choose from. Then we figure out what we need for each meal "sometimes you have the ingredients at home and sometimes not" we each bring/ buy our own ingredients. We thought about each buying the stuff for the meals we submitted but have not tried it that way yet. It really is amazing how many meals you can do when one person is chopping on assembling etc etc. Let me know if you want in!

Anna B said...

Here's my official "I Want In". I have wanted to get a group of gals together ever since I've lived here doing something like that. It would make my life so much easier.

Kati said...

Karen is so good at this! I am always "IN" and then something comes up. I am flakey like that. I know it would make my life SO GREAT if I would just take a little time to do it!
I am so proud of you Karen! You are such a good mommy.
Kati

Tausha said...

ok-i already knew that you were a fabulous cook. i still remember that one thing that you made with golden mushroom soup. Do you still make that? If you do, give me the recipe. I am jealous. I want to know all your recipes that are good, that your kids eat and that you want to eat. Then how you do it-you could do a whole post on the directions of how to start a freezer club. I am sure that i am not the only one who would be interested. I have talked about doing this, more that 2wice, but i was scared that it would be grose, so you can help me out because you love me and you and me go way back! On a side note glad to see that you are back. I was worried that you were still feeling a little frazzled from your nervous break down. I know excatly how you feel. I don't know about you, but this whole blogging thing has really made me feel "normal" it gives me great strength to know that i am not alone in this crazy motherhood thing! Love ya

Unknown said...

I am soooo in to put together a group! Let me know when and where!

Christina