Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Why can't they stay little forever?

I am not sure if this ever happens to anyone else in the world or if maybe I am really the only mom who has not learned her child's specific "language." Usually my 4 year old is quite easy to understand, most of the time I have a harder time with my 5 year olds "kid isms" but today Dylan tried and tried to tell me something and I never did figure out what it was otherwise I would happily tell you, someone else I'm sure could tell me what he meant. But it did get me thinking of the funny things that kids say. I thought I would share some with all of you, if for no other reason than making sure I have a record of these funny sayings so in 10 years I don't forget how cute their little voices once were.

1. Dylan switches W for L and in the process always says "Mommy, I want to Lake up Now"

2. Haley on the other had switches T's for S's and in the process says stuff like "Ewww, do you mell that Tinky Tunk?"

3. Dylan calls his ears his EARG's. Why I am not sure.

4. He hates it when someone copies him and always says "don't coffee me"

5. He calls the the ornament on the tree that looks like Rudolph, randolph the raindeerg.

6. He calls chocolate milk "bunny milk" because of the nesquick bunny of the package.

7. Avery is new to the whole talking scene but is quickly coming up with a lingo all her own. She finishes everything with an A sound. She calls Haley- Haya, Dylan is DyA. She has even started calling herself A_ E.

I could probably go on forever, (Haley has a million I just can't think of at the moment.)

I am always blogging about the little things that drive me crazy about having 3 kids under the age of 5. So today I thought I would share some of the things that make me smile and wish they stay little forever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is good to write those cute things they say down. Those pictures are too cute!!

Christina

Kati said...

I love to hear the little things your kids say. They all have the cutest little lauguages that are all their own. Sometimes Ryan says things...and I don't correct him, because it is just so cute. My favorite is "We love yooch other!" I think those pictures just capture each of the kids personalities. It is great that you recorded these things...you will soon forget, otherwise. sigh.
They do grow up too fast.