Monday, December 17, 2007

Shhhh...I'm singing

So last night was our annual family Christmas party. It is always a good time... the kids love to see everyone and play with the cousins that they don't get to see very often. This year however we did a few things differently. We decided to put together infant humanitarian packages instead of giving each other gifts. It was great! I loved that instead of getting the usual crappy 10$ gift for the gift exchange game we play that we spent the money on something worth while. We also acted out the first Christmas, this year my kids were finally old enough to participate and it was very interesting to see how they acted. Haley got to be Mary and she took the roll EXTREMELY serious. Dylan however was not sure about his roll as a Shepperd. He did not want anything on his head he was positive that Shepperd wore capes instead! After a lot of convincing we got him in costume and he proceeded to run out into the room and try and tear all the other towels from the Shepperd's head. I pulled him aside and explained to him that this was the story of baby Jesus's birth. He instantly CHANGED! He believed that the baby in the cradle was really baby Jesus! I have to admit my chubby little cousin stuffed into the cradle could not have looked any more adorable, but she obviously wasn't the real baby Jesus. The best part of the whole night was when Dylan started to sing to "Baby Jesus" a little lullaby to try and put her to sleep. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I was amazing to me to see my extremely high strung little son settle down when he thought that was in the presence of Jesus. It made his mommy very proud! Now... try not to laugh at the cubby little legs sticking straight out of the cradle...Babies are supposed to be fat!



We also did a little fishing pond so the kids could fish out some little toys. It turned out to be a great night. Good food, funny kids and family. What more could you ever want.

1 comment:

Kati said...

Man I love that kid!
Kati