Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Twas a few weeks before Christmas


Twas a few weeks before Christmas and who do we see?

Unexpectedly at Costco, the "Big Man!" Yippeee

So one by one the kids climb up onto his lap

All the while the kids screaming behind me I wanted to slap


So Haley decides what she wants, A Christmas barbie that is

The only problem with this? "Santa" brought something else for the kids!

Mom has been hoping with every question of" What would you like?"

A different something might be what is wanted by the tyke.

But alas, no luck, what she wants must be all the hype.


Next is Dylan's turn and I am curious now as to what it could be.

We have asked many times, he just smiles and says "We'll see"

So he climbs up and talks to the Big man alone....

When he comes back to me I ask for him to make his wishes known.

A motorcycle he says that is just my size!!!

O Crap... now what? I wonder as I look into his eyes.

He is positive you see now that he has talked to Santa himself

That a motorcycle will be brought to our house by Santa or an elf.


Hmmmm... Now is the questions of millions of parents around

Be reasonable and sensible, or let Christmas wishes abound?

I am not sure which it will be... the mom or the kid in me... which will it be?

Check back in a few weeks and we'll see what was left under the tree.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute is your poem!! A motorcycle, good luck with that one.

Christina

Kati said...

I love your poem! So very very cute!