Friday, December 7, 2007

Blahhhhh.....humbug!

So we went in for a check up at the ENT doctor today and what did we find out? Haley still has fluid in her ears! Surprise, surprise, I told the doctor that I don't think she has ever not had fluid in her ears since she was born. So they gave her another hearing test today which of course she failed in her "BAD" ear. The doctor asked me what I wanted to do? Put new tubes in.... or wait it out. How long do we wait it out you ask? Only 6 years, she should be all set by the time she's 11 the doctor says. To this I reply, "well I don't think I would like it if everything sounded like I had ear muffs on for the next 6 years, how about you? So I guess we will be doing the tubes. We wanted to get her in this year for insurance purposes so. Merry Christmas Haley!

I am much more nervous for Haley to get tubes than Avery. Haley really hates anything or anyone messing with her ears! Plus she didn't do very well with the anesthesia the first time, luckily back then she didn't know very many swear words so it wasn't too embarrassing. This time however I am quite sure she has heard a few more bad words and knows how to use them. Haley you see doesn't do well when she comes out of surgery. Last time I could hear her scream all the way down the hall, and using every bad word she knew with as much force as she could muster. Luckily last time the worst she could come up with was "You're Stupid," or "I hate you" I am quite certain that this round will be much much worse. Oh well maybe if I warn the nurses first then they will not get TOO offended!

On the upside we took Avery with us to the Dr. office because she has been pulling on her ears. They checked her out and said everything is fine. I asked why she would pull on her ears and they said they weren't sure. To this Avery answered by pulling on her ears and saying OWWWWWWWW over and over again. This is about the time the nurse and doctor decided they knew the reason for the strange behavior. She wants Attention! Yeah right.... one of my daughters doing something deliberately to get all the attention in the room on her. Never... don't they know them at all? Oh wait... I guess they do. Oh well, problem solved : )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me know if you need anything. I bet Haley will do great. Glad to heer it is only Haley and not both girls that are sick

Christina

Kati said...

That is no fun at all! Let me know when it is scheduled and I will take Dylan and Avery. She will do great...and I would say all those words too!
Kati