Thursday, December 13, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUG

Well kiddo, six years ago I was miserable! Stuck in a hospital bed not even allowed to roll onto my side. I had been stuck in the hospital for a week and they told me I would be there for the next six weeks as well. I was happily watching Opera. You see I waited all day through stupid day time TV until something half way decent got onto TV. I started to feel "FUNNY" like I couldn't breathe. I called the nurse and she showed up and checked my blood pressure. It was already being monitored every ten minutes with the eternally annoying squeezing pressure cuff. Her eyes got wide and said. You're about to have a baby! I said no.... I'm not. She assured me yes I was, how soon could my husband get here. My blood pressure had gotten so high from the toxemia that it was near the level where you could have a coma. So.... she unplugged my monitors and started to RUN down the hall pushing me in the bed. They let me call daddy and he made it there just in time. 5 hours later there you were. Just as impatient and stubborn as you are today. 6 weeks early only 4 lbs 11 oz. screaming like crazy. You hated doctors as bad then as you do now. They whisked you away to the NICU I didn't even get one look at you. Daddy said I was totally out of it and not doing well, but I don't remember any of that! Finally after my protests to see you for myself they wheeled my whole bed up to the NICU to see you! Do you know what you did? You were lying on your tummy and you did a full push up and lifted your head up and turned it to the side so I you could see me! For a 6 week old preemie on oxygen you were incredibly strong! You shocked everyone in the room. Daddy wouldn't put you down. He stayed almost the whole night in the NICU holding you until they made him put you back in your bed to stay warm! You were supposed to stay there 6 weeks until your original due date be you got to come home after 2 weeks. What can I say you're one tuff little girl! We got to bring you home on Christmas Eve. The best Christmas present I ever got!

Now you're six.... going on 16. Just as impatient and sassy as ever. You still want to do everything on your own without any help. You're the sweetest thing I could ever imaging and other times I could ring your neck. You are so funny... you got your daddy's sense of humor. Keep on being yourself you turned out perfect. Here's to a great day and many more. LOVE YOU! Mom, Dad, Dylan, and Avery

Some of your favorite things this year
1. Favorite Color..... Pink
2. Favorite Toy..... Barbies
3. Favorite Food....Cafe Rio
4. Favorite TV Show.. Zack and Cody
5. Favorite Thing to do... Play with Friends
6. Things you hate ... Cleaning up
7. Favorite Movie... Ella enchanted

Happy Birthday kiddo! Love ya

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea that is how Haley made he entrance into the world!! She has a thing for the dramatic, now and then. =)

Happy Birthday Haley, Ellie is excited for your party this afternoon.

Christina

Little Bit Of Utah's Own said...

I feel bad we missed telling her Happy Birthday! I forgot! She lookes sooooooooo cute this day too! Tell her happy birthday from us!
Kati

Unknown said...

That is our Haley. She is a true Cozart, stubborn, sweet, life is good if it is all about Haley. We love her a ton. G'ma Cozart