Sunday, August 31, 2008

Weekend at the Cabin

We had a good time at the cabin. The kids always love to hang with the cousins. We like to stay around 2 days, any longer than that and everyone starts to get on each others nerves and the kids start to fight. So... in our 2 days together we had a lot to fit in.

First up.... rides on the new tire swing that looks like a horse. Gotta love a good horsie ride

Then of course it's off to the 4-wheelers. The kids L O V E to ride (usually that's about all they want to do) We were a little short handed on adults so we had more than the "legal" limit of kids on each 4 wheeler! Shhhh.... Don't tell.

Of course the little one didn't want to be left behind. Luckily, she's cute and all she needs to do is say please, and she's in. Grandpa was putty in her capable hands!

Then all the kids went fishing. The lake is EXTREMELY low and everything is muddy. Dylan being the kind of kid he is..... wasn't listening and fell in the mud. He was pretty mad!

While I was trying to clean him off in the lake I got myself pretty stuck too. My flip flops were completely lost and needed to be fished out. So we finally got Dylan out fishing on the boat too but that left one muddy mommy and a 2 year old. I am sure that all of you see where this is going. If you can't beat em' join em'.... right?

We made this slide out of the mud and slid straight into the lake. I know most of you are thinking how GROSS! I however (being a totally rat child at heart) loved it! So did my baby. She talked about this all the way home and throughout the night.


My nephew loved it too! Being a 4 year old boy. He was ready from the "get go." His mom however was a little less thrilled with all of the fun in the mud. She apparently is not quite the gutter rat that I am!

Too much fun sometimes takes it's toll. My baby crashed for about 12 hours.

NICE!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the mud playing!! It would have taken me a second but then i would have been in the mud too! I love when the kids play so hard they just crash in bed that night!!

Anonymous said...

I would have been right there with you along with my crew..we are a rat kind of family. Michael is going to miss out on a real fun time with Thad and the boys... They bought their dad a paintball gun for his b-day and they are all going paintballing tommrow!!!!! I get some time ALONE!!!! Ya me! Love and miss you guys lots.

Tausha said...

i know that you so loved the mud! Sounds just like you! Looks like it was fun! gotta love it when your kids don't listen. Did you laugh when he fell in the mud? I would have, but you are a much better mom than me-so you probably didn't!
So-gettting anything else done now that you are more in a schedule with school? I swear my list is twice as long.
So-when are we going to dinner?
I have a house on friday, but I am good after that. I can go during the week next week, or whatever works for you. Let me know.

Kati said...

Love all the pictures! Glad you had such a great time!

Susie said...

Hey MudBloods! j/k

I want your camera. You're getting great at the picture taking! All the kids were so darn cute and thanks for including A. Too bad the fury kid was treated like a dirty diaper.

Stacie said...

I love the pics! Playin' in the mud was so much fun...good times. Next time lets plan to wear crappy clothes so that we can play in the mud also.