Friday, August 8, 2008

Has it been a week yet?

You know your in for it when you take your poor little crying child in to the Dr. office and he says "ohhhh.... I don't envy you. A little one with a throat that swollen is going to be really cranky. " Gee thanks, you mean you'd rather stay here with all the sick kids that come into your office, or give kids shots, than trade me places. That gives me a lot of hope.

Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. That's what she has. Poor baby! I looked in her throat and it's so swollen. She's even turning down the always coveted, yet never quite attained beverage of choice. COKE! You know if she's turning that down she's really sick. There's really nothing that even can be done for it. Just some Motrin to take the edge off and try to take down the swelling.

To top this all off Daddy's still gone until tomorrow. Avery's still potty training (she won't let me NOT do it! She is totally determined to get this, even if she is sick as a dog!) and the other two kids feel like I've ignored them this whole week. Not to mention that my house looks like a tornado ripped through it, and my kids have eaten cold cereal for most meals this week. Yah... I don't think I'll be nominated for mother of the year after this week.

Seriously people. I don't know how single mom's do it. I just might loose my mind. Good thing this weeks almost over!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You deserve a night out!! Less than 24 hours till he gets home. If it makes you feel any better I am super appreciative that your hubby went to scout camp.

Poor Avery!! I hope it passes fast and isn't too contagious.

Anonymous said...

Hey it sounds like a hard week but, it's almost over. How do you get hoof and mouth? Did I say that right? As for the potty training we saved our floors and cloths by putting rubber pants over the underware. The kids still feel the wetness but, you don't have the mess. Hope it helps. Talk to you later.

Tausha said...

i hear you. kal has been gone since tuesday and lets just see that is a modern day miracle that my children are still alive.
Granted they are each in their own rooms not making any noise if they want to get out before wednesday.
If i hear one more-she hit me. She pinched me. shutup or no I am so going to lost it! I go and pick him up at the airport tonight and I am so excited I can hardly stand it. yes, I do miss Kal, but I really want to go to Lake powell all week. He wont let me. I don't know what his problem is, it's not like he has to tend. His mom does. He is so picked on. Can you tell I am a little on edge?
Thanks for letting me vent. So sorry that Avery is so sick. That hand, foot and mouth is nasty stuff. Hope that you got or are getting a break. I am thinkin at least one new outfit is in order. Also, a little thrifting always does the sould good! I too, don't know how single moms do it.

jenn said...

Hand, Foot and Mouth is the WORST! Grace had that twice when she was younger and it is seriously a nightmare. I hope you survived!