Friday, September 5, 2008

Had a Bad Day

I know you all know the song that goes with this title. But I am way too lazy and exhausted to figure out how to put it on the blog.
Picture Haley singng it for you. See that's better!
So I did a stupid thing today. I took 2 kids with me carpet shopping all morning.
This is EXTRA stupid because 1 of these children were supposed to be in preschool and the other my sister told me she would take for the morning.
Child #1 threw a huge fit about going with the carpool to preschool.
He HATES it! I am not sure why. I begged and bribed and threatened. He told me he would rather be grounded from video games all weekend then go with them (okay... I can do that any other requests?)
Any of you that know Dylan are gasping right now.
I was planning on finishing getting ready to go after he left for preschool, so I wasn't ready to take him.
By the time I was ready. He was WAY too late to go and I now didn't have enough time to go all the places I need to go and be back in time to get him. So he came with me.
Then I figured since I already had one I might as well just take the other one too (BIG Mistake)
By the time I was done at the 4th carpet store I was ready to KILL myself ( I am learning to control my emotions notice that I didn't say I was ready to kill them, that came later! :)
So then I stopped to get the dry cleaning and it wasn't ready. Even though they said it would be. Grrrrrrr stupid people! Back in the car now for more torture of mommy!
Then I am not sure why but I decided to go to smith's to try and hit the case lot sale before all the stuff I wanted was gone.
TOO LATE. Most of it was gone anyway.
Dylan is throwing a FULL on fit at this point.
He is grounded for longer than I would like to think about at this point.
This totally sucks for me because grounded kids whine and cry and I have to put up with then, or I cave and un-ground them and I end up looking like a totally wimpy pushover. GRRRRR.
Finally we leave the grocery store and head home.
The carpet shopping was a bust, in fact I am more behind than yesterday because everyone told me the carpet we did like was crappy and wouldn't last very long. Why didn't they tell me this yesterday!
I didn't get my errands done.
I didn't get the stuff I wanted from the case-lot sale.
Dylan is whining at me and has to stay grounded! (YES!!!! he really was that bad today)
Oh yeah- and Michael is gone tonight for a scout camp out so I'm on my own to battle the little red haired demon aka Dylan.

Well I feel a little better now. Venting does wonders some times.
Or maybe it was the hour long nap I took after I locked the kids in their rooms.
Sorry to all of you who had to listen to me ranting. My next post will be happier I promise

6 comments:

Kati said...

hmmmmmm. sounds like a normal day at my house.

Tomorrow will be better. Well, maybe the next.

Unknown said...

I won't sing for you either. That would only make you day worse :) i will save you a bunch of heartache and tell you who to call for carpet. He did our basement or spec home and is doing our new house. Call me and I will give you his information. Sorry abou thubby being gone -- once again us schout mom's appreciate his willingness to do his calling :)

Jenkins Family said...

Stupid carpet, stupid preschool, stupid caselot sale...why do we try taking them anyware? I already told you about my caselot sale experience. So it sounds like you and michael need to go out sat. Care to come to jackson?

Susie said...

I can't believe this happened today. Next time you'll know to take advantage of your sisters when they offer. So sorry it turned out crappy. I hope you find your carpet soon and know that I will help you watch your angels when you are in need.

Kim said...

Oh, boy, oh, boy, Karen. That did not sound fun. If it makes you feel any better, though, this sort of thing happens to me on a regular basis too. Although, the last time we carpet shopping, I insisted that Scott come with me. I was NOT going to do that with my two little monsters in tow!

Anna B said...

Your post was a total dejavu of what I just posted about. How funny is that?