Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy... Busy Weekend

So we had a birthday party/ family reunion this weekend in honor of this guy! It was his 90th birthday so we all got together to celebrate. He looks great for 90 wouldn't you say!

The kids loved it. There was face painting, and good food and games. What's not to love?

Did I mention there was a pinata? Who doesn't love that?

The little ones like playing at the park? Check out that face. With one look she told me "back off mom! I can do it myself!"
Even with all of this going on I manage to read the new Breaking Dawn book this weekend. I know for a fact that a bunch of you are reading it as well. Do you like it? Are you done? Did you like it? I've heard that people either loved it or hated it... I loved it.
Today my hubby left for a week at scout camp. Uggggg! I am trying to be really supportive. He is really excited and is great with the boys. But who really loves to be left at home with three stir crazy kids for a whole week? The summer is usually the hardest. Those scouts sure doe a lot of stuff in the summer. I've decided that all of the wives of the leaders need to get together for a widows of scouting program. Too bad I was WAY to excited to read my book to wait until he was gone. That would have helped pass the time. I probably would not have gotten anything read... being the only parent around and all.
Oh yeah! Thanks to everyone that commented on my last post! Nice to hear from a bunch of you all at the same time. You know how to make a girl feel loved! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I appreciate you giving up our hubby for a week. As I am sure most scout moms in this ward will agree. :)
Happy B0day to him!!! You are right he looks fab for 90, I hope I am even around at that age much less looking so great!!

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys.... wish we had known the details of the party we could have been there.... oh well glad to hear everyone had fun... talk to you later.

Kati said...

I love that picture of Avery. So cute!