Monday, August 18, 2008

School Time Already?

It seems like summer started yesterday, so it's hard to imagine that today was the first day of school. It's crazy how fast time seems to fly these days. I have a first grader! My baby is potty trained, and D is turning into a little man right in front of my eyes. Sometimes this makes me so sad to think how quick it all goes by. I sit and wonder if I did a good enough job? Did I teach them the right things, did we spend enough time playing? Could they ever possibly know or understand how much I'm gonna miss them? Even when it's only for 6 hours while they are at school. It's crazy how everyone just "feels"it when one of the family isn't home. Avery was on edge all day because both Dylan and Haley were gone to school.

This being said, last year was much harder to send her off on her first day. I was just totally excited for Haley to experience her first day of "real" all day school. She was so excited too that she could barely contain it!

We headed off for the bus stop with the whole neighborhood crew. She was excited that she got to ride the bus with her best friends this year.



She almost got on the bus without even looking back but much to my relief she turned around and gave her mom a wave. (good girl!)





Once we got Haley on the bus and safely away (with no tears this time from mom) it was Big D's turn! He was heading off to preschool today for the first time too. (last year we did a neighborhood one but nothing too structured) He was not nearly as excited as Haley was but he did have a good time. The building is still standing so that's a good sign that it went pretty well.




Now if I can just figure out what I'm going to do with all this extra time and no kids I'll be set. Don't worry I'm sure I can think of something. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the picture of Haley waving at you!!! It is priceless!! You should have come to breakfast, it was really fun to hang out. Tiffany is having a hard time without any kids too!

Kati said...

They both looked so cute for their first day of school. I loved how my son came running from the bus. It made me think he was coming to hug me because he realized just how much he would miss me. My dreams were shattered when he ran to Avery and hugged and kissed her goodbye! Nice. Really nice. And so it begins.

Stacie said...

Those are way cute pics... it reminds me of when we had our picture taken together on your first day of first grade and my first day of kindergarten. Remember how we had on the exact outfit except different colors. Good times. :)