Saturday, August 23, 2008

Layton Surf and Swim = Good Times

It was my little nephew's birthday so we all met up at Layton Surf and Swim for a party. I hadn't been there since I was a kid, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was still as much fun as I remembered it. My kids didn't quite know what to think about the wave pool when we threw them in the first time... wave splashing in their faces, kids screaming, I can't really blame them. It didn't take long and they were all happy again.



Of course the best way to make Avery happy is always with food!


After the pizza we headed out to the wave pool again. By now they were old pros. They totally had the hang of it.

Dylan fell and split his lip open. He spent the entire rest of the time playing with ice cubes. Are my kids the only ones that are fascinated with ice cubes? The good news is, birthday's around here are CHEAP ; )

Avery found a bag of Cheetos and she was happy for the rest of the night too. I'm discovering it doesn't take much to make the kiddos happy these days!

Good times..... Good times! I am so NOT ready for summer to be over!

7 comments:

chel wakley said...

I don't think that anyone is ready for summer to be over :(

Unknown said...

A bag of cheetos would make me happy too :)

Cute pictures!!

jenn said...

Food, the pool, and happy kids...what's not to love?

Anna B said...

Man you guys know how to have fun in the water...sking, waterslides, pools etc.

Tausha said...

I have now read this post 3x! I know-I should comment so you know that I love you, just in case you forgot. I just stopped by a few times, you know incognito.
So-how is the whole no kids thing going? Do you love it as much as me? 4 starts school on Tuesday and I am giddy with excitement. Maybe that makes me a bad mom-but at least I speak the truth!
So-post again already! How am I supposed to know all about you life if you don't post it for all too see?
Are you doing ok with everything? Email me or call me. We havn't chatted in a while. I think that we are about due for another dinner date. Will go earlier this time so we can shop-we are both pro's at this! Have a good day. I am thinking of you.

Kati said...

Cute cute pictures!
Avery is my kind of girl. Any food and I am happy too.

Tori said...

Karen I know I've said this before but it was confirmed again tonight. You are hilarious! Trey was laughing right along with me looking at your pictures and reading the text. You're kids are funny too. Thanks for another good laugh.