Thursday, April 17, 2008

OH NO YOU DON'T


So this week has not been one of my better weeks. Feeling guilty about not taking the kiddos anywhere fore spring break we decided to head up to Midvale to the Disney outlet store to get some autograph books for the kids for the trip to Disney. Daddy was at church activities (a usual Wednesday night occasion) so off we went. We were about to head off of the on ramp when I notice this great big truck following way too closely. ( This instantly this makes me furious !!!! A reaction from a good sized car crash a few years back that has left my back permanently damaged... still) I gave my self a great big space between me and the next car when all the sudden the cars in front of me all slowed down almost to a stop! Yep you guessed it!! Taking a line from one of Haley's favorite books CRASH, BANG, WALLOP! Mr. full sized pick up truck smashes right into me. Grrrrrrr. You big dumb idiot why did you have to follow so closely. So first I calm the crying kids. Haley got the worst of it being farthest back in the car. Then I get out to check out the damage. Walking back I see that his big metal truck bumper is all smashed and dented. I turn around to check mine. A few scratches and some little dents. Wahooooo one for the mom mobile!!!! (I LOVE MY CAR) We discussed for a while. I told him since my back and neck were already hurting and Haley was complaining since she hit her head pretty good, that I needed to call it in and make a report (just for insurance purposes) he says okay. Waits until I get back in my car and PEELS OUT across 4 lanes of traffic. I was on the phone with Michael when I exclaim he's leaving! "Do you have his license plate he asks" Nope! not YET!! I answer. I yell to Haley to get back into her car seat and we take off after him! Call 911 on the way... let them know I was chasing down a guy involved in a hit and run. I followed him for a bit and then he got stuck at a light. HA HA gotcha! He knew this as well and decides to pull over. I pulled over too and locked the doors and stayed on the phone with 911 dispatch. He came over and asks did you see me tell you to pull over here??? No....( you stupid idiot) he tried twice to shove the insurance papers through the window so he could leave because he claimed he was really "LATE" Well you're gonna be LATER you have to stay and wait for the cops I told him. Cops got there and wrote him a nice 400 dollar ticket and gave him fault for the accident. Michael (who came as soon as he heard I was chasing down the guy who hit us) arrives just then the cop proceeds to tell him how surprised he was when he got the call about a women in pursuit of a hit and run and pull up to see me parked right next to him giving him crap! Michael's reply "someone forgot to tell her she's only 5 ft tall." One of the many benefits of growing up in the ghetto of Ogden NO FEAR! Stupidity yes.... but FEAR NO. Well there you have the strange and unusual things that usually happen to me on a daily basis while trying to get normal things like Disney autograph books! Thankfully nobody was really hurt! A little whiplash bumped heads and his pocketbook. HA HA ! Why do these things happen to me?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you serious!!! Holy crap!!!! You are awesome -- I knew I really liked you. Glad you are all okay and that he got a big fat ticket.

Team Heaton said...

Wow. That is awesome (not the accident, of course). Ya know? It is pretty awesome to keep up on your life. I know more now than I have in the last 9 years!! Since we were roommates! Yikes. (That was a loooooong time ago!)
I am glad everything turned out okay.

Jessica said...

KABOOM! You rock and I loved reading about it-wish I could have seen his face through the window when you told him, "Later!"
And your dentist visit, wayy better than ours! LOL on your comment to me:) J

Tausha said...

only you Kar-only you. Did you ever get out of the car-so the big stupid truck driver could see how little you were. Man he would have felt even more stupid than he already did from being chased by a chick! You go girl. Did you ever get the autograph books?

jenn said...

Karen, you are the bomb! Who knew you were such a fiesty little gal? Love it. Especially love the comment about growing up in the ghetto...I'm from West Valley (and proud of it) so I can relate. Good for you!

Glad everyone is okay!

Anna B said...

You go girl! I'm so proud of your little 5ft self. I think I would have chased down the guy too.