Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Preschool Days

I decided this year to do a co-op for Dylan's preschool and today was my first day attempting to teach something to very small children! All in all it actually went pretty well. There is only 4 of them so you would think that it would be a piece of cake it just is so much crazier then when you are planning in your head. I had the lesson plan all worked out with all my printouts and book picked out ahead of time. It is just the little things that throw you off. For instance the lovely blue dinosaur foot print I was somehow tagged with that I am proudly displaying on my shirt. The kid that decides to rip the other kids picture. You get the idea! I did however plan for a dino dig out in the sandbox and the kids really loved that ! What did surprise me is how much sand can be brought back in the house even after I took the time to shake the little cutie pies down. I tell ya.... little boys are something else. I am so used to girls that sometimes it throws me. That being said there is just something so cute and disgusting at the same time about little boys and the smells and messes that come with it. I am sure one day I will look back fondly on the days when you find a dinosaur, a dead bug and at least a cup of sand in one pocket of the 18 that come with the cargo pants these days. I love it! So I survived.... I have a new resolve to thank all the teachers that help teach my kids. I really need to get some better Christmas presents this year!

2 comments:

Susie said...

I just have to laugh...I know nothing about little boys. I would be horrible when trying to do that.

Kati said...

I think you are doing such a GREAT job with all the things you have planned for those boys! I am sure they are LOVING it! It will be fun when we can do it for Haleigh and Avery...all girly things!
Kati