Friday, September 21, 2007

Oh... to be a kid again

Do you remember how exciting it was when you were a kid to pick out your Halloween costume? I think that my kids like Halloween almost as much as Christmas. It might even be a tie. They start thinking about their Halloween costumes in June and this year has been such a dilemma for Dylan, he has changed his mind at least 20 times. He has been trying to decide between Batman, and Buzz lightyear. Finally I took him to the costume store and let him look at the costume close up and guess what. We have a WINNER!


As you can see he decided on Buzz lightyear. Which he exclaimed. "Buzz is WAY cooler mom", like there had never been any doubt.



Haley is going to be Mulan, aka, a Japanese princess complete with chop stick in the hair and a paper fan. She is usually not too picky as long as it is some sort of princess costume. This year she saw an adult prince charming costume and really wants Michael to be her prince charming but there is no way that is happening so she can forget it.

Little Avery is going to be the purple dragon again this year. Last year it drowned her and it fits great this year so Yippee for one less costume to buy. She loves it though as soon as she sees it she makes me put it on her and she crawls around and growls while she's in it. If she doesn't get to keep it on long enough she'll cry when I take it off. Did I mention that my kids love Halloween ( I guess it is a trait that starts young)



I love all the imagination that the kids have. It makes me smile every time I try to talk Dylan out of wearing the wings and he looks at me straight faced and says "But then I can't fly"

Oh the little joys of motherhood. One day you want to ring their necks, the next you wonder what ever filled up your life before them.

2 comments:

Kati said...

They all look SOOOOOOOOO very very cute! I just love seeing Dylan in all of his different costumes. I still laugh at the day he came over to my house in Spiderman. He hid to the side of the door until I opened it up. He then jumped in front of me with his hands out spraying me with his pretend web. Such entertainment that he provides us with!!!! We love that kid! Well...we love all of them!!!!

Susie said...

I loved this. Haley looks soooo grown up. D and his wings are too funny. Avery is too cute! Love all the pictures