Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thanksgiving Point Musem

I guess I didn't kill myself sufficiently over the weekend because Monday came and I was pretty antsy to get out. The kids would NOT stop fighting and me being well.... stupid thought that if we got out of the house for a bit they might not fight for about 2.5 seconds. Well I was wrong, but we did go out. We went to the dinosaur museum and I drug the rest of the neighborhood posse with me. I used to get together with moms all the time and do stuff like this but once you all have 2 kids or more it gets to be a little bit overwhelming.


So here they are. This is the "GANG" that hangs out together 24-7. Avery was not behaving nicely notice how she is sticking her bum at the camera? I am sure that was intentional! They are a fun little group!!!! But as all of you moms know you put nine kids together anywhere and there is bound to be drama.

I thought it would be a nice relaxing (non-busy) afternoon at the dinosaur museum. But Nooooo I had to pick the day they are celebrating their 8 year anniversary. I know how to pick 'em all right! It was fun because they had lots of extra stuff to do. But it was also very very busy!

Princess Haley went for a cute little flower on her cheek.


Big D went for a dino on the cheek! Notice how crappy the pictures look? I am learning how to shoot in manual with my camera. My very patient neighbor has been helping me. The lighting inside was tricky and apparently I didn't do very well. I put up my "bad" pictures so you could see how much better I will be doing in the future.




If you've ever been to Thanksgiving point you know the highlight of the whole trip is the sand and water tables and the digging for dinosaur bones at the end. And as always my kids loved these parts the best!

He loves this part with the water and the sand and the little dinosaurs. He would play here for hours... actually he has on past occasions. Just not today when his sister is screaming and running all over the place! (sorry dude)

It was way too busy for my taste and Avery was screaming 75% of the time but the kids had fun so I guess you would call it a success. Who cares if mom had fun anyway right?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I was dissapointed to hear that the museum didn't stop the fighting between kids. If it had I would have been at that museum right away!!
Love the pictures -- Haley looks to cute in the one where she is digging in the sand.
The water part is my favorite. There are lots of seats for mom's, it is airconditioned and the kids are entertained!!

Kati said...

Karen...I see a huge improvement in your pics already! Don't give up. I promise you will love love love that lens in no time at all! It just takes some getting used to. It sucks that it takes practice. I want everything right now...
Unfortunately, it just doesn't work that way with photography, dagnamit.
We had fun too, even if my baby was a complete nut case the whole time. I guess that is what I get for putting her to bed past 11 p.m. for almost 2 weeks in a row! Bad mommy!

Anonymous said...

I really loved that place especally when the boys were younger. they loved to play in those areas also. Not sure anything stops the fighting. Have a good one.

Tausha said...

so-what did michael say? Are you good to go on the 25th? Em and I are on board, if you don't come, i will be ticked and it will not be as fun!!!

Stacie said...

I love all of the pics of the kids. They look very cute! I am looking forward to seeing everyone "in action" agagin at Carlie's b-day party that is coming up soon. :)

jenn said...

Sometimes I wonder why we even try. :)