Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Girl


I guess it's official.... she's no longer a baby. Today my baby is a toddler. She was by far my "funnest" baby. Before you gasp at what seems to be blatent favoritism hear me out. She was my last baby so I kinda knew what I was doing (at least as much as a mother can really know) She also has a more laid back personality than the other two. Way more of a go -with- the - flow type of girl. This makes mom's life way easier. So NOoooo not loved more, just a fun baby. She has a way of wrapping people around her little finger. (especially Daddy)
So planning a fun birthday for a 2 year old that doesn't even know what "birthday" means can be interesting. We were all kind of wasted from staying up and watching fireworks last night, a problem I see happening every year of her life I'm afraid! So we woke up and opened presents. and then played with them for most of the morning. We took her to Carl's Jr. for lunch and play time. Then we took some much needed naps, went swimming in the evening and got snow cones and ice cream and went to bed. I know this sounds like a "normal" type of Saturday, but it was exactly what she wanted to do. Even Haley thought it was great.... she said when she was going to bed "I hope Avery remembers her birthday, 'cause it was a really GREAT birthday." Tomorrow is the "family" party with Aunts and Uncles and Grandparents. Fun times!!! How my 2 year old ends up having days and days of birthday parties I'll never know. Wish me luck.


4 comments:

Tausha said...

Sounds way fun to me! Graci turns 4 on friday. Unfornuately, she does know what a birthday is and she does know what a party is. Dang!!!
Hey-
Em called and she wants to get together this week. She suggested Wednesday night. Me, you and her and maybe Kirsten and Amber if we can get a hold of them.
Teresa is in Dc Nannying. So-will you let me know asap what is up with your schedule.
Call me please
7374554-I will be home until 2 after then call my cell 668-9724
Thanks babe

Unknown said...

I cannot nelieve she is that old!!! I remember you havong her!! Time flies way to fast!!

Sounds like a perfect day for me too, I am much older than her :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthdat Avery... It sounded like a gerat day... Did you ever do a cake then? Talk to you later.

Jessica said...

So that's what you were doing over there and why you didn't join the goof squad next door! Your (not so) baby is beautiful! It even gets more fun as they grow:) And BTW Ivy's still pretty laid back (in the house anyway). Maybe the baby is. Enjoy.