Sunday, May 4, 2008

TOO MUCH FUN!

Well we're back. We actually go back Saturday night but things have been crazy so..... no posting yet. I am going to have to do the details in a couple of posts because we had too much fun and it would not do the trip justice to slap some pictures up there and call it good.


I will start with the first day (after the traveling day) we got up at 6:00 a.m. the kids never did reset their little inner clocks and so we were up very early everyday. Even on the days when they should have been too tired to move. Anyway we headed off to Sea World. This was by far my most disappointing day of the trip I really like Sea World but for some reason we went there with no plan... no idea of what we were doing.. how long we were staying etc. We wandered aimlessly kind of looking at exhibits and trying to locate the rest of our gigantic party at the same time.

After a bit of doing this we went to the Shamu show. This was by far the highlight of the whole day. It was SOOOOOO hot and the kids wanted to sit in the splash zone. I was the only aunt or mommy that would agree to this craziness so I took the kids that wanted to get wet down to ROW 3 of the splash zone!!! What was I thinking. It was really fun to see the kids get so excited and to be that close to "Shamu" or whatever the new shamu's name really is.



As you can see we were very close to the action! Dylan loved getting wet. Haley however quickly changed her mind about it when she got the first face full of icy cold salt water in the face! Oh well... you asked for it kiddo! :)


We did more of the same until we decided to take the kids old enough on the Atlantis ride. It was totally fun but the little ones tried to get on but were too short! So they got booted off just as they were getting on the ride! ( Wow.... that's a scene you don't want to be a part of!) Three 4 year olds FREAKING out because siblings and cousins got to ride the totally cool ride but they didn't. The ride attendant felt bad so she gave them some free stuff to do at this place called the extreme zone. (this did little to stop the crying) While we were waiting we hung out and waited in the under sea Atlantis area. Avery loved it!



After the meltdown on the Atlantis ride we headed over to do some damage control at the extreme zone. A few 3 $ ice cream bars and some bouncing later we were finally having fun again!

So the next day the whole big group decided to split up a bit. Some did the beach, some Universal but we headed off to Legoland. It was really fun! I know that a lot of people have mixed feelings about Legoland but for younger kids it was REALLY REALLY fun! The things that are built out of legos in this place were just CRAZY.



These cute little lego people were just outside the entrance. Haley wanted to get a picture with them (actually she wanted to get inside the stroller with the baby... but settled for this)



Avery was such a little trooper about being too small for a lot of the rides. She was pretty easily entertained as you can tell. (I'm pretty lucky to have such a good baby! She was an angel the whole trip)


Most of the park had somewhere you could get totally soaked so we spent a lot of time in the swimsuits. This was good since it was over 90 deg that day (A bit of a change from the snow we left here in Utah)


We had so much fun... I wish we were on vacation still!

These battle boats were Dylan's favorite ride out of both Legoland and Disneyland. You could shoot water at the people in the park or the people on the ride. They all came off the ride totally soaked. Pirate boats, water guns and a ride all put together! A little boys dream come true. Well that takes care of 2 days. I will post more tomorrow. Disneyland is next YIPPEE!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous!! I grew up right in Southern California. Lego land is about 20 minutes from my hometown. Too bad for me they built it after I left home. :( I have heard it is really awesome.

Glad you had fun! Can't wait to see the Disney pictures!!

Tausha said...

I am so glad that you had such a great time! We have never been to sea world or lego land-we want to when we go next year-espescially after seeing all the fun you had. i will make a point to make a plan for sae world. I am so glad that your baby was so good! When we went our 3 was not good-no at all!!!! So-can't wait to read tomorrows post-I love disneyland!!! Hey-skip over to em's blog-she is here is Utah-is she is here long enough-want to get together? Even if she isn't we should get together. Lets go shopping and luch and maybe dinner. I miss ya and I would be willing to find a babysitter for an all day outing-how about you! I know-lets add to the list of gifts that we want for moms day-then we can go on a sat-and our hubby's can't explain!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo jealous! You all look like you had so much fun. Wish I could have been there to see the kids. Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures. Tam

jenn said...

I've never been to LegoLand...it looks like such fun! Those little creations are amazing. So glad you guys had a great time. Welcome Back!