Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Disneyland


We had early entry for Disney so we got our extremely tired tushies out of bed early and left at 6:00 a.m. We had to check into the hotel early before we could get into Disney. My kids had never been there before so they were a little bit overwhelmed the first day.

We did all the fun Storybook land rides first of course.


Dumbo of course!

Alice in Wonderland! (Even though they didn't want to pose for pictures afterwards)

Even the Tea cups! (Daddy skipped this one because even the thought of it makes him sick! )

We stayed until late afternoon and then went back to the hotel to try out the fabulous Never land pool! Which by the way way was... way fun (sorry no pictures). We got cleaned up again and then took the monorail which was right outside the hotel over to the park and had some dinner! (I know I know you're supposed to leave the park to eat meals not head back in.... but seriously there was no way I was taking one more step than I had to. I am really glad that we did though. We were rested enough to stay until closing and so we got to see the park all light up! It was pretty awesome! The kids LOVED IT!


Haley REALLY wanted a picture in front of the castle all lit up. Since I just took the "little" camera for convenience reasons this picture is not near as cool as it should be.... but what can you do.

This was taken waiting in line for the last ride of the day (Astro Orbiters) What good kids I have! See how happy they were even waiting in line!


Daddy and our little Daddy's Girl!


Now we were heading home for the night. Our first day at Disneyland was over and we were ready to head home to our hotel. The hotel was as people said "just a hotel room" It was the little things that made it so special and Worth it... in my opinion. The princess that read bedtime stories at night. The pixie dust border that glowed at night because "Tinkerbell had sprinkled our room with pixie dust while we were visiting Mickey in the day!" Mickey called us every morning to wake us up and tell us to "get moving" and come and play! The kids really loved all these things! Mom and Dad however loved the fact that we were either a monorail ride or a 5 min walk away from being back to the hotel when the little ones were ready to drop dead! : )


Disney Day 2

We started the day with a character breakfast at "Goofy Kitchen" It was really fun! The kids were so excited to finally get to use their autograph books (they better LOVE them after what I went through the night I got them! Car chases and 911 for autograph books! Yesh!)

As you can see from the look on her face this was a HIGHLIGHT of the day! She loved meeting the princesses!


Avery loved the princesses as well. If any of the other characters came near her she screamed her head off!

Dylan was not quite as thrilled as the girls to met the princesses! He didn't even stop eating for the picture!

They are really interactive at these things! They came and grabbed the kids and brought them up to dance! Haley loved it!

Notice Dylan's face! He was totally not ready for this! I LOVE IT!

We met Buzz 3 times! He is Dylan's totally favorite! He would literally chase his all through the park until he got another picture with him! We have a million pictures with the characters! I won't bore you with all of them.

Just one more highlight from Day 2. Dylan go to go to the Jedi Training. He was picked to be up on stage. He did only so so when he was being "taught" but kicked some serious booty when he fought Darth Vader! (Look at the determination on this little face!)

Haley got picked too. She did really well until this guy came out! She literally ran screaming off the stage. Through the tears she said "it's okay mommy right? I'm really more of the princess type huh!" Definitely baby girl!


This is the video from Dylan fighting Darth Vader! We watched this clip one million and one times already. Enjoy! More to come tomorrow!


5 comments:

Kati said...

So glad you had such a great time! Hope you are recovering from your trip! Now you just need a vacation!
Glad you are home!

Anonymous said...

You guys looked like you had so much fun. You are all tan! I wish I was.... it's been so cold here. I'm glad you had so much fun. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more. Love Tam

Unknown said...

Love the video of Dylan!!! When we were their my boys were "too cool" to do that. I was so sad!!!

Glad you had so much fun, your pictures make me want to go back!!

Tausha said...

too fun! When we go to lunch with, she is here until mid august. You will have to tell me how worth the disneyland hotel really is. Maybe I can talk my inlaws into splurging for that one. I know, I am spoiled, My inlaws pay for my didney trips. Hey, I am not stupid-I know a good things when it is offered to me!

jenn said...

FUN, FUN, FUN! I Heart Disneyland. It truly is the happiest place on earth. So glad you and your family had such a great time! =)