Friday, May 16, 2008

Where does the time go?

The other night I had one of those mom moments when you realize for a second just how quickly time passes! Haley lost her first tooth. We've been waiting for this for a while but finally her tooth was just barley even in her mouth so daddy helped her "wiggle" it out. She was so excited she lovingly put it in "toothy" her pillow she's been sleeping with for months waiting for a tooth to finally be in it! It just so happened that this is the night she also decided she was not going to sleep on the bottom bunk of her bunk bed anymore!!! She even made a sign so I would be sure to see it and remember where she wanted to sleep. (There is no guard rails on the top bunk and this causes mommy a good deal of stress) .


Avery was running around in a pair of pj's that Haley wore when she was a baby and now Haley was loosing her first tooth. Time fliesdoesn't it! As a result of my new found knowledge I've been just playing with the kids. We've spent a lot of time at the park since the weather has been so nice and today was no exception. We sure had a good time!


I'm not sure what's the deal with the tongue! Every picture we took today had her little tongue sticking out!

Cute...Cute boys!

Here's Avery in yet another hat...She loves the hats!

Then we found a butterfly that for some reason wouldn't fly away. The kids loved holding it. It was pretty fun to see them studying it! We left it somewhere in a tree when we headed home hopefully it wasn't too damaged from the kids! These are the days you just LOVE being a mom.

6 comments:

Tausha said...

i agree with the whole they grow up so fast! Just wait till Hayley gets baptized-that was when i felt officially old! I think it's because I remember my baptism, and there i was being a part of my daughters. Yes-I am that old. Who am i kidding, you are older than me! :)
what a fun day! Sometimes life just seems to get extra crazy and we sometimes forget to step away from the craziness and play.

So, now that school is out on friday:( UGGH! Do you want to plan a time that we could get together with all-we can do a kids outing and then get together and we can just go to dinner.
You could come down here this time and we could go to childrens museum or the park and have a picnic or put the sprinkler under our tramp and just watch the kids, chat and eat treats. Bet you can't guess which one I am pulling for. So-I am really serious-you call me, after this week, i am pretty much open. 801-737-4554
I will go and delete this number tom. after you write it down.

Kati said...

She looks so cute with that tooth missing!
Ryan keeps telling me that he has a loose tooth. I don't feel anything, but I just smile and say "Oh yah!" It will be a while! I guess all the kids their age are loosing teeth.
Avery looks so adorable in hats.
Dylan is so very cute.
Glad you are having good times with this fantastic weather!

Tori said...

I'm so glad I finally made it here. The kids have grown up so much. It's only been a couple of months I think, since we last saw one another. Avery is so sweet and I could just kiss those cheeks off. I think the kids were glad to see one another the other day. Mine thought we were going to your house after the park. I told them we will see you soon. We will! Yea for Hayley bug! Trey is jealous. It was good to see you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Haley! It finally happened. what did the tooth fairy bring you? L love seeing all the pictures. Just wait Karen the growing up just gets faster.... Josh is a senior as of today!!!!!! Talk about feeling old. Sometimes I can't believe the time went so fast and other times it seems to move so slow. I see the boys and can't believe they were ever small enought to be inside my body.... I waited so long to be a mom and now my time is coming to an end.... they don't need you as much and friends, work, and school all come first it's all part of the life circle and not a days goes by that I'm so greatful to have been a part of it. Love you guys.. Tam

Jane said...

Yay! Haley lost her tooth! Halle has lost 2, and I hated the stress of how much the tooth fairy ought to leave. I remember the days where a quarter was something to get excited about. But, alas, Halle has a cousin that got $2 for his first tooth, so we had to give in to peer pressure and inflation :P

Stacie said...

The kids look so cute in all of their pictures. I wish I had more time in the day to come visit them and you. Okay I now have posted another comment on your blog...so no more getting your panties in a bunch....well g's in a bunch. jk Love you guys tons! Stac