Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ideas for the Summer

Okay... I know that summer is not officially here but with the really nice weather this week I have already started wondering what we are going to do this summer to keep ourselves busy aka (no one whining "I'm BORED") Here is a couple of ideas that I have come up with. I am sure all of the rest of you can come up with some more ideas and this way we will have a GREAT list of fun things to do this summer! ( Sorry.... a lot of my ideas are specific to this area so if you don't live around here that could be a problem1)

1. Slip and Slide baseball/ kickball. (We have a great big space and lots of neighbors with slip and slides which makes for a really fun afternoon playing in the water!)

2. Kangaroo Zoo a place to pay inside when it's way too hot or cold and rainy outside.

3. Movies on Mondays. They do these all year round and in the summer they have a little bit different system at the megaplex. Usually you can get an pass or something to watch kids movies (not usually new releases) for like 10 bucks for the whole summer

4. Bike rides

5. The faithful standby...... the Park

6. Thanksgiving Point discovery gardens ( SO Fun!!!!! They have the pop up fountains that all kids love and a little wading pool. Mazes through the hedges and a cave with a bear in it to explore)

7. Saratoga Splash and Pony Express Days..... They usually have a parade and carnivals and fireworks and lots of food. What more could you ask for

8. Lagoon!

9. Seven Peaks (as long as there are no disgusting parasites in the water! In which case we will be avoiding all water areas. We had that last year and it SUCKED!)

10. Ice Skating. Yeah .... how fun will that be on a hot day

11. Bowling. or rollerskating (depending on how brave I am!)

12.Good old fashion picnic in the backyard

13. Boating every chance we get. (It would be so cool if Haley could learn to Wake board this year!) Her mommy and Daddy would be so proud!!!!

14. Fishing with the kids (As long as I don't have to clean, gut, or eat the fish we catch I am totally in! Catch and Release baby....all the way.... just not for the same reasons as most people!)

15. Ultimate Hopscotch- Does anyone else watch as much Curious George as me? I think this game looks pretty fun!

16. Going to the Pool...... A LOT!

17. Lava Hotsprings and float the river (All kids with lifejackets on of course!)

18. Roasting marshmallows in the neighbors fire pit! (Or mine if I ever get my backyard finished the way I REALLY want it. : )

19. The Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point (kind of pricey you have to go when they are having some sort of discount!)

20. Farm country to see all the little animals and have a pony ride

See....that's all I got? I am sure that a lot of you have more ideas than that, how about some help! Let's hear it.... and no repeats!

4 comments:

Tausha said...

i am definately stealing! is it realling stealing-or borrowing. i am not going to give them back-anyway-tangent I know, I am tired.

Hey-got more info on the swap-go and check it out. I need your info also. Keep the great ideas coming along-I know that I am not the only mom who apprecites great ideas! Especially ones that help us NOT kill our children!!

Unknown said...

Those are soem great ideas. The ward is doing the summer field trips again this summer. The list is supposed to be delivered this week.

I love curious george and I want to play ultimate hopscotch too!!

Stacie said...

I read all of your ideas and thought they were great! However, I did laugh a little bit at the thought of you actually touching a fish.... especially enough to take the hook out after someone caught it. I think that I would like to see that (will you make sure to give your cam corder to someelse when you do that? :) I had another idea for you by the way. You could go out side and pretend to be on a safari (behind your house) or you could try to catch butterflies and other bugs and have the kids start a bug collection. If you want to stay away from bugs you could always start up a rock collection. Enjoy your summer not having to be an adult and go to work every day... :( Lov ya anyway. Stac

Anna B said...

I love all your ideas. I am totally consumed with thoughts of "What am I going to do with my kids ALL Summer?"