Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day

Well it's mother's day again. This is a day that I dread and love at the very same time. I wish it wasn't so split but there's really no way around it. I LOVE that my husband is so great at mother's day! He will do anything.... buy anything....I want all to make it a happy day. This year I picked out my own present which is usually not the case. (He is seriously the best gift giver ever!!!) That was only because I was so sure I wanted new patio furniture but totally undecided what kind I really wanted. I changed my mind too many times to count and Michael didn't even care when I almost un -assembled the bench that I bought and took it back (Almost) In the end I did decided and I love what I picked.

I love the cute little things that the kids make for me. The looks on their faces when they do give me their little presents is so much better than what ever they do give me! I never was much of a sappy emotional person, but when it comes to my kids I just can't help myself I turn into the blubbering person I usually try really hard not to be.

The problem is also that most of the day on Mother's I'm fighting tears. Some of you know and some of you might not. My mom passed away 11 years ago. You know that saying that says time heals all wounds? Maybe..... I'm not sure if I will ever figure out exactly how much time they mean. I really won't go into too much detail. I don't like to talk about it. I really does hurt too much still. You'd think that it would be a little better at least after all these years but I guess I'm not that lucky. I will say this. DON'T take her for granted. One day you may or may not know the almost unbearable feeling of wanting to see her or talk to her so bad you would give anything in the world to do so. So do it now, give her an extra hug or kiss... watch the look on her face when she see you kids and gives them a hug. These are all things that one day will be more than priceless to you! Make sure she knows how much you love her... and that it has nothing to do with mother's day. Just because she's there!

I hope all of you have a wonderful mother's day.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea about your mom. {{Big Hugs}} to you. I can see how Mothers day would be a love/hate thing. Hope the rest of your day was fab and your family took good care of you!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tausha said...

Happy moms day! You my friend have reminded me what moms day is truly about. Life can change really fast. Just know that I love ya and am sending extra hugs your way. I remember-. HOw grateful we are for the atonement and knowing that we will always be able to honor our moms for eterninty! Love ya!

Tausha said...

post some pics of your new patio furniture. I want to see it. I need some new, so any ideas would be great!

Tausha said...

hey-when you check out that site-i want in on the secret. Is it for real? Let me know the scoop!