Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Days

So we had a fun day today. I finally got around to going to the Discovery Gardens at Thanksgiving Point. I've been meaning to for most of the month but never quite got there. So today we headed out and this is how it went.

We splashed in the water and got plenty wet!




Said hello to the wildlife creatures. Even if we weren't supposed to be up there!






We even found a friendly bear to give some rides.


Played in the water some more.



(Haley was hard to get pictures of.... she would NOT hold still long enough! She was having too much fun with her cousin)

Don't you love the fact that she is sitting in the water WITH her cover up on. We were on our way out and she made a bee line for the water and this is where I found her.


We had snacks... of course!



In general we had a great time!

Okay.... so after a fun summer day like today I have come to a conclusion. In my opion summer should last nine months and then we could have fall, spring and winter for the other 3 months. Who needs school anyway? (okay... I'm totally kidding I just am not ready for summer to be half over yet? ) Lets start a petition, take it to the big man. Summer for 9 months. Spring, fall and winter each for a month. Sounds good doesn't it!!!

4 comments:

Susie said...

Yeah you got some cutie pictures there.  Quite original!! :)  I had a blast doing this except for my continual worry that I was stinkin the place up.  Maybe you and I should make sure we shower before we go do this things...on the other hand I don't think the kiddo's minded much at all.

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how much they are growing up! Where did Avery get all that hair? All of a sudden she has thick hair. Wish we could have been there too! Love you guys.

Tausha said...

No-I like school and winter and fall. So do you. Remember all the sweatshirts and levis packed away? It's so hot right now-it's kind of hard to emjoy! Although-you have central air.
We are redoing the bathroom and kitchen right now-that is what the quarter bonus went too.
I am almost starting to reconsider and get central air.
Almost.
Then i think, summer only last 3 months maybe 4 cause Utah can't make up it's mind.
So-sorry, I won't sign your petition. I like the shool year too much.
Maybe it's cause I have 2 in school all day this year and the other is in preshcool 3 days a week.
So-a moms heaven is kind of what I am thinking!!

jenn said...

Fun! I have to get over there sometime this summer.