Saturday, June 7, 2008

Better luck Next Time.

So today is Saturday. I decided it's been far too long since I had participated in one of my favorite spring and summer sports. YARD SALES....yep I bet that you didn't know I was such a nerd. I love yard sales. I find all sorts of really great stuff! I know that they have lots of junk but you don't buy that crap...silly people. You get up really early and get the great stuff before it's gone and then head home with your treasures! I have this great system when it comes hunting at the sales. I decide what I am searching for before I head out the door. I make sure and tell someone what that is so that it's actually said out loud and then, usually, I can find what I'm looking for. Seriously it works! I have great Yard Sale Karma! I haven't even been to one yet this year because I've been busy and there has been yucky weather. So.... I work up early today and decided that it was time to do some hunting. I was going to do some serious searching for used kids skis for the boat and other boating items... hopefully. Then I had it all planned that when I got back we would pack up and go on the yearly tradition of watching the Pony Express days parade and then hit up the Carnival. Well guess what! I headed out sided and what did I find? RAIN! Stupid.... stupid.... rain. Grrrrrrrr. (stomp, stomp, stomp back inside the house!) Aww nuts, the hunt is called off. Better luck next time.

4 comments:

Tausha said...

You shouldn't call people that yard sale big nerds. That is not very nice! I too love yard sale., garage sales.di wherever there is junk-I am there!
Remember when we found your beds and dresser for our room at the di? We so scored!
I too have yet to go to a sale. Dang crappy weather. How silly of me to think that just because it's June, it should be, oh I don't know SUNNY and WARM!
How stupid of me. We do live in utah? Good luck with the ski's hunt. You should check ksl or craigs list-local. I wonder if you could find what you want on there for cheap.
Ok-just so you know-that recipe book is the bomb and the recipes are delicious and they work great!! I got one too-one of those family perks! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey you y-nerd, I just had a yard sale with my firend and made some money... the whole neighborhood had one it was great.. I love to yard sale too. Sorry to hear about the rain... our weather has been crappy also.. Love to you guys. Tam

jenn said...

You sound just like my sister-in-law. Yard sales with a mission. I've never been able to make it work myself, but maybe if I hang out with you your carma will rub off on me!

The weather as of late is one big cruel joke. Where's the sun already?

Kim said...

Hey, Karen! This is Kim, Mike's cousin. I went blog surfing and found your blog! So cute! If you want to come see ours it's skwilsonfam.blogspot.com.