Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's been a while!

I know it's been a long time since I've been blogging. I seem to find about a million other things lately that make it so I am never on the computer. Oh well right.... that's how summer's supposed to be. So let's see. What's happened in our lives in the past couple of weeks.


We played in the yard and demolished a few slip n slides. We made big messes in the backyard!



Then there was Father's Day. We ended up going to Ogden and hung out with my side of the family. The kids had a great time playing with cousins and riding four-wheelers.




Avery is quite the hit with her little cousin she loves to take care of her like she was her very own. I think she was picking the grass out of her toes! That's dedication right there!

Dylan loves his Grandpa! They are two little peas in a pod. I tell my dad sometimes it's not really fair that I have to live with his stubborn, red headed attitude, mini twin all over again! I love them both. But look out... they both are stubborn and head strong (totally unlike myself! )


It was hot outside so naturally there was a need to drink Pepsi straight from the bottle! Yeah man... we are some high cultured people! This incredibly cute little guy is Dylan's partner in crime. The two of them could bring the world to an end in under 5 min if left unsupervised! In fact in about that amount of time the had spilled oil in the garage and made very fun feet prints over ever inch of the garage. Then they turned on the hose and soaked each other and probably flooded the garden and got boxes of ice cream sandwiches and helped themselves. It's a good thing we love 'em.

Haley is really proud that she is finally old enough to drive the litte one by herself. She is even good enough now to give rides to the littler kids. This is always nice for the parents so we don't have to! (Of course the goveneor is on and she can only go like 6 miles and hour but she doesn't mind!)

We came back and packed our bags. Michael and I left for Las Vegas in the morning. We got to head out for a mini vacation all by ourselves thanks to Michael's mom, who watched the kids for us. We went to Vegas and shopped and ATE a lot!!! We say the Phantom of the Opera, and we had tickets for Les Miserables but we bailed due to the fact that it was 108 deg and the play was outside. We opted for a nice indoor air conditioned movie. It was really REALLY fun to be by ourselves and have no kids pulling on me ever minute! I must admit I was a little lost without the little monkeys! I better work on getting more comfortable being just me! : )


We've taken my dad's boat out a couple of times. We are loving having it so close and ready for use! The kids really enjoy it. (Except Avery really hates her life jacket and is pretty mad when we make her wear it. I'm sure she'll get used to it. In the mean time we just tune out the screaming.

Yep that's my baby out there on the tube! My little one year old is insitant on riding with her siblings! She is crazy... she fits right in doesn't she! (What a nice aunt to ride with the monkeys!)Thanks Aunt Stacie!

The real problem comes when we try to get them off! Notice how red her little face is getting? She was ready for a break from the sun!

This little guys is a boater to the core! He'll jump right up and pull in the tubers and roll up the ropes and everyting. He's starting to be a good flagger and it's only his 3rd time on a boat! That's my boy! I wonder how small of a wakeboard we can find! :)

After all this playing it was time for some naps. Michael had to take the scouts the night before on a camp out and they got no sleep! He was so tired he didn't even care that Avery was crawling all over him and Mom was taking pictures.

As you can see we've had a pretty fun last couple of weeks! If it takes me a long a long time to post another blog don't worry about me... I'm just out having fun!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The boat pictures are so fabulous!! Looks like a great time. They make wake boards really small if you want to start him early :)

Zach came home from that camp out and did the same thing as Micheal :)

Stacie said...

That was a super fun day! I'm so glad that you called and invited us to come along...even though I literally could not walk the next day from all of the sore muscles and sun burns....GOOD TIMES!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you guys are having such a good time. It all looks like fun. Loved hearing about it all. Love ya Tam

Anna B said...

I'm trying to take from your example and enjoy summer more this year. Thanks for the inspiration.

Susie said...

Hey fun family,

Looks like you've started off the summer right! I'll be sleeping at your house for the remaining summer months...can't miss all the fun! !

Tausha said...

so glad that you are still here! Looks like you have had some fun days!
Next time your up here-call and at least come over and see my house. I live about 2 mins. away from your dad.
Looks like you have some children that are jsut like you! I am thinking that your mom is laughing in heaven-all the while thinking;it's only fair Kar-you were the same way!!
isn't it sad that we have kind of fogotten how to not be a mom. It just takes lots of practice. Trust me-I practice leaving my children all the time. I am doing them a favor and helping myself at the same time!
Yes, I am so unselfish. Always thinking of others, yep thats me :)