Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stupid Dishes from China!

So my hubby and I were watching the news last night and I was almost asleep when Michael said "don't we have those same dishes?" Sure enough.... the exact dishes that are now sitting in my cupboard were shown on the tv before they could even say where you purchased them and the brand, I easily filled in the details! The deal is they contain LEAD. Of course they do I am now a firm believer the are very few things in my house these days that don't contain lead. It is just a matter of time until I figure out which ones they are! Since we have had these particular plates for quite a while they are more likely to be leaching lead every time we eat on them! GREAT.... so now I need to get the kids tested to see if they have high levels of lead in their system. The only upside to thins whole situation is that I get new dishes (( I have my mother - in - law to thank for my new found dish obsession. )) Thanks a lot Jan. I still have a problem however... I have no idea if my new dishes will have lead in them as well. I did contact Gephart and tell him I wanted my dishes tested for lead. They had some sort of link on his site due to the story yesterday.


Anyway... they you have it. The weirdest things happen to me. I have a friend who says that she is going to write a biography on my life. She says no one would believe it wasn't fiction, "because there is no way you could make this stuff up if you tried" So here you go Cristy. Another item for you book :


Here's some disgusting yet cute photos of the little one. Not eating on the toxic lead plates : )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I watched that news report too. I hope your kids are okay. (If not you have a good excuse as to why they act a little crazy sometimes!!=)) I am totally kidding, please still be my friend =)

I would love to read a biography aboyt your life. Your 8 random things were great so I can only imagine an entire book.

Christina

Unknown said...

I watched that news report too. I hope your kids are okay. (If not you have a good excuse as to why they act a little crazy sometimes!!=)) I am totally kidding, please still be my friend =)

I would love to read a biography aboyt your life. Your 8 random things were great so I can only imagine an entire book.

Christina

Unknown said...

Sorry I put that post up twice, I got a little excited with the "publish your comment" button ;)