Saturday, November 24, 2007

Dylan's Birthday/ Thanksgiving/ Black Friday

Well, this year Dylan's birthday fell on Thanksgiving. This however is NO fun for a 4 year old little boy. Nothing is open, he hates turkey and mashed potatoes, it is totally not about him. One thing we do for sure around here is make sure birthday's are totally about the kids! I mean with all 3 of them having holiday birthday's (GREAT planning on my part by the way!!!) I am totally insistent that their birthday's are all about THEM. So we decided to do Dylan's party the day before this year... (usually a total NO NO) I want the actually day they were born to be celebrated....I know I am totally mental about all this, but what can I say.... but this year was unavoidable. So we had the party at Jungle Jim's Playland. My sister Lori came down from Logan and brought her kids. We rode rides and played games at pizza and had a huge party! Spiderman themed of course!





Avery wanted to ride the rides like the "big" kids. Normally 1 year olds don't like to, apparently they haven't met Avery.... she wanted to so bad that we had to get her a pass.

We played and rode rides until we dropped. Dylan loved the whole thing. It took a while to get the hang of the bumper cars, Mommy had a hard time fitting in the cars so we had to coach from the sidelines!

We came back to the house and had pizza and cake. Having fun cousins there made it even better.

Dylan picked out the cake himself!


We we woke up the next day. We made our contributions for Thanksgiving dinner and rushed up to Ogden. Dinner was at noon this year ( Why you ask????? Who knows but I am just along for the ride at this point so off we went. ) Everything was great. Food, there were no family fights this year ( SHOCKER!!!) The kids all went out to play with Grandpa outside. His house has horses and four-wheelers and the kids love it. They rode until they dropped. My step sister almost got bucked off one of the new colts that decided to take off running. She held on! I was impressed I would have be lying face down in horse poop! My dad tried to get me to ride them too. I just looked at him and said, " No thank you... I don't do horses! " They have no brakes and are totally not reliable like a 4-wheeler. Now those I will do! Well after a full day we headed home and put the kids to bed. Now mommy's fun begins!



My sisters and I (they slept over so we could get an early start the next day! ) spread out all the ads and planned our attack. Where are we going, who has the best sales and so forth. After a short Grey's Anatomy break, we were ready. We head to bed! 4:45 comes early. We do it every year, but this year the lines at Khols were especially bad. We saved a lot of money but I didn't love the waiting. Then we are off to Park City! We go to all the stores we can think of until we can't shop anymore. Then it's off to lunch. By this point we are so exhausted that we can't even barely talk. Then home again home again.



I got home and found out all my cute little kids have been sick all day. They are have raging fevers. They were in need of some mommy TLC. Daddies are great but mommies know just what they need to feel better. Just dinking around on the Internet Michael and I run across a good deal on a truck. Next thing I know he is digging out the title to his car and cleaning out his trunk. You all know what this means don't you. He says he is going to "LOOK" at the truck. I know he is going to "BUY" the truck. I am seriously so tired at this point I didn't care. He came home with a new car last night and I told him it was pretty and went to bed. Wheeewwww what a day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun day. Iskipped teh shopping this year. Maybe next year. I love the idea of going with my sister. Tifany's b-day was the day after Thanksgiving this year. It sure does stink having your b-day on a Holiday. (Last year her's was but she was only 2 so she had no idea).

Christina