Monday, March 2, 2009

Happiest Place on Earth (Well Most of the Time)

Well we're back from our little jaunt to the Magic Kingdom. This trip was interesting to say the least. We had a fabulous time but also had a few hang ups. We were a little bit sick so that took a little bit of fun away from the trip. Dylan and Avery both had ear infections which would act up and make for some whiny kids at times. That didn't stop us though! Well it stopped Dylan a couple of times. A few times he crashed..... hard! For the most part it was a GREAT trip here are some of the highlights.

Now you tell me.... for someone who protested A LOT about going to Disneyland he sure looks like he's having fun huh!

Avery was WAY into Donald this trip (go figure) we hung out at Donald's house and she loved it.

One of my favorite moments of the trip was when she actually saw him. We were waiting in line and Avery was picking flowers through the railing (even though she wasn't supposed to!) She took off running and I thought I was going to have to chase after her. She had finally seen Donald and ran up to him and gave him her flower she had picked. It was SOOOOoooooo cute! He stopped and gave her kisses even though he was heading to break. She won't stop talking about it!

This little guy had a harder time at Disneyland this year. He had been sick before we left and then came down with an ear infection while we were there. He was always cold and kind of tired. The sun was in his eyes so he borrowed my hat, apparently that's all he needed to make him happy!

We spent a lot more time riding the big rides this trip so we had to find ways to entertain the little monkey. She loved toontown where she could play in the little cars and houses while the big kids were busy.



This was the other way to keep her happy. A stuffed animal a day keeps the frownies away!

Haley sometimes has a hard time with the characters. This guy tried to carry her tray for her at breakfast. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Rafiki following behind Haley trying to tell her sorry for scaring her and trying to take her tray. Haley looking straight forward with huge tears silently streaming down her face walking as fast as she could back to the table. She sat down and cried on my shoulder once he was gone and said "I know he's nice but he just really freaks me out!" So when he came around again for pictures we sent her away for more strawberries. Dylan as you can see didn't have any problems with him.



Other than Donald, this is who Avery really wanted to meet! It was love at first sight!

I can't believe how big she is! She walked all 4 days with no complaints. She is ready and willing to ride every ride in the park! As much as it scares me that they grow up so fast sometimes it sure is fun to see them turn into a big kid right before your eyes!

We had such a GREAT time!!!!! I am sad to be home.

10 comments:

Jenkins Family said...

That looks so fun! I wish we were there with you!

Jenkins Family said...

That looks so fun! I wish we were there with you!

Jessica said...

Karen,
I'm super glad you had fun!
It's amazing seeing your photos and reliving the memories. It's so much work that I don't want to go back too soon;)
Those magic moments though, they make work all worth it!
Beautiful pics and kids. Where were you? I know, I know.

Stacie said...

Man I LOVE all the pics...it looks like you guys had such a great time.

Unknown said...

Other than the ear infections it looks like a great time! Even Mike got in on the fun :)

I am having Disney withdrawls after looking at your pictures. It has been almost a year since we went :)

Susie said...

Wow, Michael does look happy in that pic. Stinker! I totally wish I had been there with you, but then we would have has another last year...but that's okay anyway. Cute pics of the kids.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Haley has changed just since January! She looks like a young woman instead of a girl!! Ok maybe it's just me after all I am getting older.. I'm so glad you guys had so much fun it looked like a really great time.I'm so excited to see you guys soon. Love you all. The pictuers were great.

jenn said...

I just love that place. I get all warm and fuzzy just reading about your trip. So glad you had a great time {minus the ear infections....bummer!}

Anna B said...

I love the picture of Mike on Dumbo. I'm going to have to give him a hard time for that one. The pic of Hayley in her sunglasses looks like a mini you.

Anna B said...

My bad that wasn't Dumbo. But it was Mike. Ha Ha!