Friday, February 20, 2009

Do these type of things happen to other People?

I have this car. I really love my car, except for one small thing. It's cursed! I'm so not kidding. I've had my car for 3 years and it has been crashed 5 times in that amount of time. Not big huge crashed, (except for that hit and run thing on the freeway last year) Just little things. Like being backed into a telephone pole, a power box, Michael backing up in the drive way and smashing it. Oh, and the neighbors car too. Those types of things. Having said all of this my next little story shouldn't surprise any of you. (WARNING! this is a little bit disgusting)

I was heading into the auto body shop. They know me well by now! Dylan wasn't feeling good so he stayed home from pre-school. I gave him some motrin for a little fever but he refused to eat breakfast. Anyway.... I still had to bring the car in and they were going to bring me home. We were about 2 minutes away from the shop when I heard a horrible and dreaded sound from the back. Yep..... Dylan was losing his breakfast (or last thereof) all over the car that was about to be left in the shop for the week. Ahhhhhhh! Now what? Well, luckily he was in a bathrobe over his pj's with a blanket on top of that so I was able to bag up all the yuck, or most of it anyway. Well a week has now passed and they called to tell me that my car was ready. I asked if they had any kind of detail service I could add on to my car wash and they said yes. I was SOOOoooo all over that. My car has now been dropped off with no dents, dings, scratches or crashed bumpers. The detail service took care of the puky smelling inside (so.... so....so worth it by the way!) and I'm one happy girl again.

So how about it. Is anyone else's car cursed (hmm, maybe it's not the car, maybe it's me)? Do these things happen to you guys? I would love to know if I need to be looking for a new car or someone to de-cursify me!

4 comments:

Jane said...

I don't think you're cursed :P But the pacifica does have yucky blind spots. Our Eclipse does as well--i hate driving it.

Unknown said...

Well I don't think you are cursed! Maybe the car, but not you personally :)Sorry about the throw up, the car is the worst place for that to happen!!

Tausha said...

You so know that it's you. You can't deny it. You have been like this, "cursed" ever since I have known you.
Good thing they were able to get the puke smell out! Oh gross!
I don't do throwup! Ever! I told Kal-a long time ago that if I had to be the one to carry our children for 10 months, and have them cut open my stomach to get them out-then his job is to deal with all throwup and poop that comes out of them. So far, so good. I can't even deal with the smell of the throwup. Not good. One year, all 3 of them got rotovirus at the same time. We didn't know that they had this-when we fed them tuna fish for dinner, the night before.
Yea-those are some good memories!!!
Good thing I still luv ya even though you are cursed huh? Cause that little tidbit of info makes everything all better -right?

Anonymous said...

Oh come, on Karen you are asking us, if it's the car or you?! You know us by now after all we are family. You know the curse. It you just like it's us. We like to think it's Heavenly father making up for those times we weren't listing to him and he told us he would make us learn from that. HAHAHA You know we don't really feel that way but, that is how our life has gone. It's Michael's fault.... I told Thad to run for the hills that I was really bad luck he said no big deal because he has always had nothing but good luck..... he now says that my bad luck has sucked the life out of all his good luck... nice to know it's still in the family. Love you.