Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The most DREADED pet of all.

So.... the boys decided they needed a new pet. Well, a dog was out of the question (too much work.) Our cats don't seem to live very long around here. So naturally the pet to get would be a Python. Right! I mean that's what sane logical people get for pets right? See, I knew I wasn't crazy when I told them normal people don't get snakes for pets. Yuck! Needless to say I don't love Legs, yep- that's what the kids named him was legs, since he didn't have any of course.

It was a huge compromise for me to allow this little beauty into the house. The catch is I don't have to do anything with it- EVER. Here are the rules
1- No feeding it! (which I've already done once, is it wrong to root for the mouse to live?)

2- No touching it ever (well, except for when Dylan can't reach him on the bottom of the cage to get him out)

3-If he gets loose Michael has to come home and catch him! (ummmm- yeah like that will happen! Dylan already came running in and told me he lost his snake. Guess where, No seriously just guess! MY BED! While searching for him in the covers he slithered out of my pillowcase! on to my HAND!!!!! And yes I did scream like a girl and ran around the room screaming.)

4- I NEVER have to clean the cage. ( Thing one I'm sticking to! I mean it!)


So as you can see. Now that the rules have been firmly established and followed we should have no problems. Welcome to the family Legs.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

No way NEVER will a snake live at my house!! If my kids bring one home I will leave until it leaves. My blood pressure went up just looking at the pictures. You are a way nicer mom and wife than me. EEEWWW! Hate snakes

Mindy said...

I think I would go for a guinea pig or something before I would go for a snake! Not to offend Legs, I like snakes, but they need to stay out in the wild with spiders and rats, etc. Sorry Karen, I would have been happier with a Dog (until it peed on my floor...) - Good luck with that one!

Kati said...

Just so you know....
This neighbor will never baby-sit legs!

Stacie said...

I can't believe Legs slithered onto your hand! I sweat that would only happen in the movies....Goo! Good luck with getting everyone to follow the "rules"...oh ya I hear snakes like to escape a lot. Good luck :)

Team Heaton said...

You are one nice mom. Yuck!! My boys would die to have a snake.

jenn said...

You are THE woman. Snakes...ew. You are the bestest mom ever!!!!!

Susie said...

I am still surprised that you let "Legs" come home at all (but it's not like you really had a choice with the boys pressuring you). I can understand your pain though, it seems as if every time I am talking with you on the phone you are telling D to get that snake off your bed. I would probably ban Legs to it's cage except for when Michael is home to supervise the outing.

Anna B said...

Welcome to the snake club! Personally as long as they syage in the cage I'm all good.

Tausha said...

like father like son. Ha ha ha! You knew that this day was coming, don't deny it!!!
Disneyland looked like it was so fun!!!
Oh, I just remembered-I think that you said that the snake was cool and you held it and acted like you liked it-but really you just liked the owner. I so know how you roll. You just tell Dylan I can tell him some stories-anytime!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are sooooo much nicer then I would be. All the snakes that the boys found here got to stay over night, OUT side and were released back into the wild the next morning. No thank you!!! You are one brave girl. See ya soon love to all.