Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween.... A couple of Days Late

Well, I was pretty busy around Halloween Time, and then I was recovering for the next couple of days, so I'm a little late putting up my pictures. They were too cute to just "forget" about so here ya go. Happy Belated Halloween. Here's a run down of the troop. Haley was a pirate. This is the first year she wasn't a princess of some sort.(Yea! no princess!) Dylan was Batman.... ever the superhero. Avery was the cutest cow I've ever seen, and loved every minute of it.


This year for Halloween we had a little party for the kids and their friends. They had so much fun. At times I thought I must be crazy for inviting 20 kids over and feeding them sweets and junk food. Luckily the party was short and we weren't around for the sugar crash. (sorry moms)

By far the biggest hit of the party was the bobbing for apples. The kids were a little hesitant at first but then they got into the swing of things and we had some serious competition going on. We painted pumpkins and played the doughnut on a string game (along with a few others)


Then after the party we had Halloween parades and class parties. I helped out with both the kids parties in their classes and watched both parades. Avery was my little buddy through all of this except one party. She did really great. At Dylan's party she fit right in with the preschoolers. She is so ready for it to be her turn.


Then we had the actually trick-or-treating to attend to. I took the kids out with the bike trailer. Haley was on her bike and I thought that Dylan and Avery would both ride in the back, but Dylan was so excited he ran to and from all the houses and told me to quit asking if he wanted a ride.

Avery was so funny. She walked about the first 10 houses doing her "own" trick-or-treating. After that she would just stick her little bucket out of the bike trailer and say "Haley, take me bucket." Haley would the run off with two buckets and bring it back for Avery to inspect. Yep, that's my way of trick-or-treating too! As you can see they were pretty happy campers.

7 comments:

Tausha said...

looks like it was a succcess. I am so done with the candy. Graci is a maniac and driving me crazy!!!!! I am thinking that I am going to offer each of them 5 bucks and chuck it all!!!

Tori said...

Thanks for doing that Halloween party. The boys did come home talking about the apple bobbing. Your kids look great. I'm proud of Haley for being a pirate. Good for her. Lets get together.

Unknown said...

Love the pictures!! I would love to have someone trick or treat for me that way!! Oh yea my kids trick or treat and I steal their candy :)

Stacie said...

Man those pictures are cute! Congrats on the sucessful parties. I love halloween.

rwphillipsfamily said...

Hey! I had to take a peak at your blog from Susie's! You are awesome for throwing a Halloween party, it takes a strong women to handle that many kids! whoo! cute costumes, kids!
whitney-

Susie said...

Your pics were cute, but it was so much better to see it LIVE in person. Those apple-bobbin kids were cccrrrraaaazzzyyy.

Anna B said...

Thanks for sharing the belated Halloween pics. That's what you get for being "SuperMom" for Halloween.