Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Dreaded Picture Day

Does anyone else dread family picture day? No....? I bet all of you have perfectly behaving, happy, smiling kids. Well, I don't.... so every year I dread getting their pictures taken. They always turn out SOOOOoo cute you would never believe it took an hour and a half of screaming, wiggling kids to get 3 decent pictures. Last year I had my amazing and ever so talented neighbor take my pictures, but I didn't want to take advantage two years in a row.... so we head off to the mall to the standard place of torture. This year did not disappoint. They all cried and wiggled and ran around making WAY too much noise.The only thing different about this year was I was all alone? I always have another adult with me to help wrangle they "little darlings". Today I clearly wasn't thinking when I decided they would be perfect little angles, and therefore could totally handle it by myself. I was wrong. Oh well..... I did get some really cute photos. I am way too lazy to scan them in and show them off since they are already in the frames on the wall. Maybe later! (Plus I'm sure I'd be breaking some sort of copyright law or something) Well, at least I'm done for another whole year. : )

4 comments:

Anna B said...

You're one of those good Mom's who actually lets someone else take there kids pictures besides good old Cory Adams? I HATE taking pictures with the kids pure HE**.

Unknown said...

I only do it every few years so I don't have to deal with the lovely attitudes that usually go with picture day :)

jenn said...

It must be portrait season. Everyone I know is getting pictures taken right now. Which also means that it is crazy mom season. Seriously, is it really so hard to smile and act happy for two seconds? Apparently it is for my traveling circus.

Tausha said...

I couldn't agree with you more. That is the reason why my kids get their pics taken maybe once every two years. I figure I take enough snapshots, that is plenty.
BEsides, I have been spoiled and now I am kind of a picture snob. I really love a great photographer and all the fun things that they do. SO, I have to save up my money for at least 2 years, so I can get the pics that I want!!
I am impressed that you made the pumpkin. Your right, at least you can say you did it. Cause when you die-I am sure that they are going to put that you made HOMEMADE pumpkin. J/K-You made some memories-that is what is most important.
I saw that you called the other day. Sorry I didn't call back. It has been kind of a bad week. It's looking up though. Kal is back in AZ with him Mom until Monday. We did get a little bit of good news today (first time this week) so that is good. Maybe, by some miracle, we can get him home, or at least air lifted to a utah hospital.
I am putting up christmas tomorrow! Maybe you think I am on of those freaks-but I am so excited!!!! Get out the christmas music and pray for a cloudy day. It's not quite the same when it sunny and sixty!!! PRay for rain K?