Friday, October 24, 2008

Haleyisms


So the other night we all stayed home and had movie night. We let the kids pick (always a dangerous thing) and we ended up with Underdog. Not exactly an Oscar award winner but the kids liked it so I guess it turned out okay. Avery sat with her little puppy in her lap and talked about the Doggies. Dylan loved the fact that it had something to do with superhero powers, so he was hooked, and well.... Haley just likes anything that isn't a for "little kids". You know, heaven forbid she be considered one. After all she is almost seven, and clearly not a "little kid" (or so I've been told). So at the end of the movie Haley asked so are beagle's called beagles because they are part bird? It took me a minute to figure out where this extremely strange comment came from. Then I couldn't help but laugh. She's always had problems with B's and D's and she thought that a Beagle was like an eagle with a b (for Dog I guess). Naturally this flying superhero dog was part bird, and....well when you think about it, who can argue with that?

4 comments:

Susie said...

Half the time they know what they are talking about long before we do. Too funny.

Stacie said...

That is pretty funny! I had the same problem with my B's and D's...remember? I would always have to write Dog and Bat at the top of my paper to know which letter should go with what word I was writing.

Unknown said...

She is too cute!! Love that picture.

Jenkins Family said...

Thats funny...I swear they are way smarter than we even know. I had to think about the the eagle for a sec to ketch on to what she was saying. Can you say who's smarter than a 1st grader?