Thursday, February 5, 2009

Enjoying Life's little wonders

I've not been in the blogging mood lately. (Gasp!) I know perish the thought. But I just haven't been feeling it. Once we all got feeling a little better we've just kind of been hanging out. Let's face it girls (and guys) sometimes life just isn't that interesting. Laundry... dishes.... homework...groceries not exactly newsworthy stuff.

Normally this would drive me CRAZY!!!! but.... I've actually been enjoying myself. One of my resolutions this year was to slow down and enjoy all of the little things. This is something that is hard for me. I constantly feel the need to be doing "something." Instead these days we've been playing and enjoying ourselves. On today's agenda. Trains.....Legos, and more trains. Here's a sample of me and my favorite little guy hanging out.

He even used the push train (the other one is motorized and has a controller to hold) I usually have to be the push train the whole dang time... today he took pitty on me.


We set up the whole city with all the filling station and such. Then we started playing. Well if any of you have small children you'll know that gets old really quick. A few times around the tracks and we were needing something to spice it up.

That's were the boulders dropping on the train and pieces missing out of the track come into play.

Of course we had to have some of the passengers fall out and get ran over. He is such a boy sometimes!

(No lego guys or train pieces were harmed in the making of this activity... at least not fatally )

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love to play trains. I actually just gave our trains et to the DI on Tues. (My boys have seriously outgrown it!!) I was a little sad :(

Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt while playing trains!

Tausha said...

so glad that you are back! I know what you mean about nothing going on. Not that that is happening at my house right now, but it does sometimes. I love it when I don't have to do anything. Just chill with the girls. In fact-today is such a crappy day-I think that I will do NOTHING!!! I am so excited. It does help that I have a stupid infection in my tooth-so my mouth hurts and who wants to do anything when your mouth hurts!!!
I really suck at this whole organizing thing. If I showed the rest of my house, you would be appalled!!!
my linen closet is one of those closets where you really hope nothing will fall on you when you open the door.
One more question-does it count as doing something when you restart the dryer cause you don't want to fold clothes right then? I did walk ALL the way up the stairs and push the button!

Susie said...

I really have no clue how to play with boys, but I am constantly amazed at the realistic sounds they make as they play. It blows me away. Hope you two had fun playing together (I know it's hard to have the time to do that).

Anonymous said...

I love the playtimes with the boys enjoy them now they are gone so fast. I hate the computer shoot'm up crap. However I did have a blast with the wii with you and I'm looking foward to March. Love you guys had to get cought up on you blog after the cruse to Mexico. Love ya