Monday, December 15, 2008

She's SEVEN!

How did this happen? I swear I blinked and she went from my teeny tiny little baby to this full grown kid, with all the attitude of a teenager to match. This year she decided she wanted to have a girls "late night". Being too young for a real sleepover this was a good compromise. All the girls came in Pj's and we ate pizza, did crafts, painted toe nails and watched movies. Around 9:00 the kids were ready for bed so we started sending them home.

I was a little nervous for this party for some odd reason. Turns out.... I had almost as much fun as Haley. These girls are all so full of personality. I didn't think there was anyone on the planet that could talk as much as she does, but I was wrong. We all laughed over dinner and had fun painting fingernails and toenails. It was really fun.

Some days I feel like I am so unprepared for her to grow up. Being the first child she kind of gets short changed.... they have to suffer while the parents try and figure all this out. I feel like I got a little glimpse of fun girl stuff to come. I am excited. If I can keep the teenage girl attitude out of it I think we will be set!
So happy birthday baby girl. I know you're not a baby anymore but you'll always be my baby. Thanks for adding so much fun to our lives.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If I show Ellie these pictures she will be so mad at me for moving! :) Looks like a good time!! Happy Birthday Haley

Stacie said...

That does look like a fun birthday! And I am glad that it wasn't too crazy for you. Happy b-day Haley!

Susie said...

I hardly recognize Haley in that picture. She is so grown up. I love her soooo much. I hope she knows that. You are lucky to have her.

Anna B said...

Blythe had a blast. Thanks for inviting her. Hayley is such a sweet heart.