Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Busy time of year!

So I decided this year I wasn't doing all the stuff that makes me crazy. Running around everywhere feeling the need to buy the perfect present for everyone I know. I am only spending time doing things that make the holiday's enjoyable. Thanks to the momumentaly huge black friday shopping trip I am done with the shopping. Now I can spend time with friends and family relaxing.

The perfect example of this was last night me and some of my best girls went out for shopping, food and, fun! These girls are the best. The kind that you can laugh about nothing with. Including being chased out of Target after closing and near midnight. I am so thankful for friends like that!

The only problem with all of this fun was I drank a few too many caffeinated beverages at dinner (which was around 11:00) and then got all wound up like a 5 year from laughing. Then came home and tried to sleep. Not a good combo.

Then to make sure I was really good and tired.....Haley was on the news this morning. Fox 13 filmed at her school so I had to take her there early and wait with her so I could bring her home again. Just in time to leave again with preschool carpool and get them all to school. Whew it was a totally crazy hectic morning but totally worth it! The first grade class sang a couple of songs. She loved it... and I forgot that I got about 1 hour of sleep. I guess it really is the most WonDerFul TiMe of the YeAr!

4 comments:

Jane said...

So fun! Well, not the "no sleep" but the shopping and Haley on TV and all....I miss our shopping trips that we used to have :P Merry Christmas!

Stacie said...

I didn't know she was on the news...that is so much fun!

Susie said...

We need to make time for the sis's. Let's go out. Tell Hailey we love her. Hope all is well.

Laurel said...

Hi Karen!
Time with the girlfriends is one of the best ways to enjoy the festive part of Christmas. I love it, too. For some reason, we don't get as tired when they're with them; they're like a natural upper. :) And speaking of Black Friday, this was the first year I did it and it was totally worth it (I can't believe I'm saying that).