Thursday, October 9, 2008

Excuse me.... Do you work here?

So I had to go to Walmart today. I usually try to avoid this... I really don't like going there. The lines are long and the service is hostile at best! But today I need a few things that just had to be bought there, and it was 11:30 in the afternoon so I took a risk.

I was ready to check out when the cashier asked me. "Do you work here", not wanting to be rude and make a snide remark I just smiled and said no. She looked me over and said, "oh, well your outfit is our exactly like our uniform." I was wearing a cute pair of cargo pants from AE and just a regular navy blue shirt.

For lack of anything better to say I said "oh, maybe I shouldn't wear this when I come to walmart." She proceeds to tell me "well, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing this if I wasn't working here."

Um..... okay thanks! I guess that I'll take my fashion advice from the workers at walmart with a grain of salt. Gotta love Walmart. : )

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hee Hee that is funny :) I also avoid Wal-mart like it is the plague!! I think your outfit sounds cute :)

Stacie said...

Hahahahha...that is freaking funny. The only reason I say that is because I can totally see that happeninbg to me. You always look cute don't pay attention to the crazies at Walmart. :)

Anna B said...

OH PALEESE! I hope you don't give that a second thought. Iguess you could have said "Ya, so how about that employee discount?"

Susie said...

Geez...so much for Hellmart employee's. I used to feel bad for them. NOT ANY MORE! You should have responded that you wouldn't be caught dead working at Wa*mart.

Tausha said...

don't take it to heart. I bet she had bad hair-ugly skin and was fat. I have been to target and looked like an employee before. I now look at what I am wearing before I go to the fantastic store!
This reason is just being added to the list of why I HATE wal-mart than I already do!

chel wakley said...

Hey Karen-
I just wanted to invite you to my purse party. It is Oct 21 from 6:30-8:30. There are supposed to be tons of cute bags for really good prices. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you my address. I would love to see you.
Chels

Anonymous said...

That was funny... sorry she said that but, it was funny. You always look cute so don't give it another thought. I love our Wal mart we have self check out so I don't have to deal with any people and if I go in the morning most people are gone.

Laurel said...

Hi Karen! Great blog and pictures.

The same thing happened to me when I was wearing red and khaki at Target, except a customer approached me. I was a nanny for a Target manager, and she felt the same way about wearing uniform colors off the clock. Still, Target is WAAAAY better than WalMart. We should start a moment- WAM! Women Against WalMart.